NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - Jan 14, 2014) - The Public Relations Society of America New York Chapter (PRSA-NY), the professional organization representing nearly 800 New York-based PR and communications professionals, has announced its 2014 Board of Directors and chapter leadership.
The following will serve as chapter officers and members of its board of directors in 2014:
President: Henry Feintuch, President, Feintuch Communications, Inc.
Immediate Past President: Lea-Ann Germinder, APR, Fellow PRSA, President, Germinder & Associates, Inc.
President-Elect: Linda Krebs, Founder & CEO, LKPR, Inc.
VP/Programs: Scott Berwitz, Corporate Communications Director, Mindshare North America
VP/Membership: Diane S. Thieke, President, Simply Talk Media
VP/Marketing: Katie Kirby, Director of Communications, MKTG INC
Secretary: Brandi Boatner, Digital Experience Manager, IBM
Treasurer: William F. Doescher, President & CEO, The Doescher Group
The following will represent the chapter as directors:
- Barbara M. Burns, APR, Founder and President, BBA Communications,
- Robbin S. Goodman, Executive Vice President and Partner, Makovsky
- Irene Z. Maslowski, APR, Fellow PRSA, President, Maslowski & Associates Public Relations
- Sandra Fathi, President, Affect
- Deborah Radman, APR, Fellow PRSA, Principal, Radman Communications, LLC
- Art Stevens, APR, Fellow PRSA, Managing Partner, StevensGouldPincus, LLC
- Mike Bako, Marketing Manager, D S Simon Productions (newly elected)
- Lauren Tortorete, Vice President, Hill+Knowlton Strategies (newly elected)
Chapter director/delegates are:
- Lynn D. Appelbaum, APR, Fellow PRSA, Professor, Ad/PR Program Director, City College of New York
- Chi-Chi Millaway, Digital Director, MBK Digital
- Erica Saviano Tsioutas, Senior Media Specialist, New York, Ketchum
- David Rosen, Senior Vice President of Digital, Corporate & Public Affairs Practice in NY, Edelman (newly elected)
- Harry R. Zlokower, President, Zlokower Company Public Relations
- Barri Rafferty, Senior Partner & CEO, North America, Ketchum
- Natan Edelsburg, Senior Vice President, Sawhorse Media (newly elected)
- Leslie E. Gottlieb, Director of Communications and Marketing, Jewish Child Care Association
- Michael P. Rinaldo, Executive Vice President and General Manager, dna Communications
- Emmanuel Tchividjian, Senior Vice President & Executive Director & Chief Ethics Officer, Ruder Finn
At the Chapter's recent annual meeting, incoming President Henry Feintuch acknowledged accounting firm Anchin, Block & Anchin for its significant and ongoing support of the chapter. He also recognized President Lea-Ann Germinder, APR Fellow PRSA, for her service to the chapter in 2013.
"I am grateful for the tireless work of the volunteers who give their time to serve our members and the general PR community in New York," said Ms. Germinder. "In 2013, we developed a new strategic plan for the chapter, held a successful Big Apple Awards gala, developed an active program to support PRSSA members and those entering the profession and ran numerous professional development and social programs. We also hit 798 members during the year, our highest number ever! Our chapter is poised for further significant accomplishments under the guidance of our new president, Henry Feintuch."
For more information, please visit prsany.org; and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Editor's Note: Photos of the 2013 and 2014 PRSA-NY presidents are available upon request.
The Public Relations Society of America, New York City chapter is one of the founding chapters of the Public Relations Society of America, the world's largest professional organization for public relations practitioners. Founded in 1948, PRSA-NY is the third largest PRSA local chapter in the U.S. The chapter serves the interests of public relations professionals working in business and industry, counseling firms, government, associations, hospitals, schools, professional services firms and nonprofit organizations. Chapter board and committee members are volunteer public relations professionals who work in the New York metropolitan area.