SACRAMENTO, CA--(Marketwired - Aug 22, 2013) - e.Republic's Center for Digital Government honored public-sector leaders and agencies for their work in information technology (IT) at the 2013 Best of California awards ceremony held during Government Technology Conference (GTC) West.
The Best of California awards program recognizes public-sector professionals and local government organizations for their dedication and contributions to IT in California. Winners are selected by a panel of judges based on a number of criteria, including collaboration among agencies, innovative use of technology, economic benefits, and improving services and business processes.
"The awards reflect the leadership, innovation and vision behind these public servants' accomplishments," said Todd Sander, Executive Director of the Center for Digital Government. "The Center acknowledges their perseverance and hard work in delivering services that improve government efficiencies and boost citizen engagement via technology. We are delighted to honor and celebrate their success."
During GTC West's Executive Reception, the State of California presented Martin N. Hoshino, undersecretary for the California Department of Corrections, the Vision and Innovation Award for his leadership and dedication to serving the citizens of California.
Congratulations to all of this year's winners.
Best of California Awards:
Demonstrated Leadership in Management of Information Technology
- Chris Cruz, Deputy Director/CIO, California Department of Health Care Services
Demonstrated Excellence in Project Management
- Linda Fredericksen, Field Operations Division Chief Disability Insurance Branch, CA Employment Development Department
Best Application Serving an Agency's Business Needs
- San Diego County Child Support Legal Paperless System
- Strategic Offender Management System (SOMS), Calif. Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
Best Application Serving the Public
- Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System (VPASS), California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
- Automated Multiple Choice Knowledge Testing System, California Department of Motor Vehicles
- California Online Voter Registration (COVR), Secretary of State
Best IT Collaboration among Organizations
- Financial Institution Record Match Project (FIRM), California FTB, BOE, and EDD
- Response Information Management System (RIMS) Replacement System, California Governor's Office of Emergency Services
Best In-House Developed Application
- State of California GeoPortal, California Department of Technology
- Web-based Known Person Finder (WebKPF), Sacramento County Sheriff's Department
Best Mobile/Wireless Project
- Ask Elk Grove, Mobile Application and CRM, City of Elk Grove
- California Health Care Report Card, California Department of Health Care Services
- San Diego County SD Emergency Mobile App, County of San Diego Public Safety Group
The Green IT Award
- STAR - Incentivizing Excellence in Smog Check Inspections, Business, Consumer Services, and Housing Agency
Additionally, 46 Outstanding IT Service and Support Awards were presented to those dedicated to California Public Service.
About the Center for Digital Government
The Center for Digital Government is a national research and advisory institute on information technology policies and best practices in state and local government. The Center for Digital Government is a division of e.Republic, a national publishing, event and research company focused on smart media for public-sector innovation. Find e.Republic on You Tube.