PORTLAND, OR--(Marketwired - Oct 29, 2013) - Puppet Labs, the leading provider of IT automation software for system administrators, today announced record third quarter sales growth. Same quarter year-over-year sales more than tripled, increasing by 210 percent, while quarter-over-quarter sales increased 32 percent. The quarter also saw several key customer wins across a broad range of industries, including TD Ameritrade, Qualcomm, Staples, T-Mobile, and the National Institutes of Health. Puppet Labs ended the quarter with more than 1,400 commercial customers.
The company began the quarter with momentum from the Q2 release of version 3.0 of its commercial product, Puppet Enterprise. As the quarter progressed, the company recorded more than 80,000 registered users across its suite of products and more than 9 million downloads in the preceding 12 months.
In August, Puppet Labs hosted its third annual user conference, PuppetConf. Participation in the event more than doubled from the previous year to more than 5,500 on-site and live-streaming attendees. Participating customers, users, and partners included Google, Bank of America, Microsoft, Costco, Amazon Web Services, ESPN, Cisco, Github, Red Hat and VMware, underscoring the breadth and depth of the company's active community and ecosystem.
"The growth we're seeing in 2013 is further evidence of the accelerating demand for IT automation solutions and Puppet Labs' leading position in this market," said Luke Kanies, founder and CEO of Puppet Labs. "As a result of this momentum, more and more customers, users, and ecosystem partners are joining us to take part in revolutionizing IT through automation."
Additional accomplishments in Q3:
- Inc. magazine recognized Puppet Labs as one of the fastest growing private companies in America, ranking it 120th on the 2013 Inc. 500 list;
- Puppet Labs announced the acquisition of Cloudsmith, a provider of development tools for rapidly building and testing IT automation. Cloudsmith is the first company Puppet Labs has acquired;
- The Puppet Forge, Puppet Labs' online repository of pre-built community-contributed automation solutions, achieved its one-millionth module download in July 2013;
- TechTarget named Puppet Labs a "Best of VMworld 2013" award finalist;
- VMware recognized Puppet Labs as a key partner providing enabling automation technology in VMware's launch of its enterprise-class public cloud, the vCloud® Hybrid Service™.
About Puppet Labs
Puppet Labs, Inc. is the leader in IT automation. Puppet Labs' software provides system administrators the operational agility, efficiency and insight they need to proactively manage dynamic infrastructure, scaling from tens of servers to thousands, on-premise and in the cloud. Thousands of the world's leading organizations use Puppet Labs' software to configure and manage their IT infrastructure, including Citrix, eBay, NYSE, Cisco WebEx, Salesforce, Bank of America and PayPal. Based in Portland, Oregon, Puppet Labs employs more than 190 people. The company is backed by investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Google Ventures, VMware, Cisco, True Ventures, Radar Partners, and Emerson Street Partners. To learn more, please visit www.puppetlabs.com.
Puppet Labs and Puppet are trademarks of Puppet Labs Inc. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.