PORTLAND, OR--(Marketwired - Jan 15, 2014) - Puppet Labs, the leading provider of IT automation software for system administrators, today announced another quarter of 100 percent sales growth, led by new products, partnerships and hires. In Q4 2013, Puppet Labs achieved a 220 percent increase in Puppet Enterprise licenses sold, compared to Q4 2012. The company also saw surging demand in APAC, with 100 percent growth in bookings and a 140 percent increase in Puppet Enterprise licenses in the region, compared to last year. Puppet Labs has now sold more than 250,000 Puppet Enterprise licenses to date. New customers won include one of the top five banks in the Unites States, Kaiser Permanente, the State of Texas and 1-800-Flowers.com.
Puppet Labs CEO Luke Kanies said, "Our surging growth in 2013 reflects our leadership position in IT automation. Further, it's proof that organizations demand a faster and more reliable way to automate IT, so they can move more predictably and reliably at the nimble pace their customers demand. We bolstered our executive team in Q4 to ensure we're meeting our customers' high expectations while sustaining rapid growth in 2014."
In Q4 2013, Puppet Labs also:
- Launched Puppet Enterprise 3.1 which included the new event inspector, support for the provisioning of Google Compute Engine resources, and expanded support for enterprise platforms.
- Announced collaboration on automation solutions for Dell's unified management platform -- Active System Manager -- to help customers realize the agility benefits of converged infrastructure.
- Achieved certification for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform
- Enhanced its integration with VMware vCloud™ Automation Center™ 6.0 to accelerate application delivery through software-defined infrastructure.
- Was ranked the 66th fastest-growing private company in North America on Deloitte's 2013 Technology Fast 500™.
- Made a number of key hires, welcoming Bill Koefoed as CFO and Holly Files as senior vice president of customer success.
- Was named a finalist in Oregon Business magazine's annual feature, "100 Best Companies to Work For."
- Puppet Labs Continues Accelerated Growth in Fourth Quarter 2013:
- Puppet Labs announces quarter of 100 percent sales growth:
- Puppet Labs named to @Inc and @Deloitte lists for torrid growth in 2014 #puppetize #devops:
About Puppet Labs
Puppet Labs, Inc. is the leader in IT automation. Puppet Labs' software provides system administrators the operational agility, efficiency and insight they need to proactively manage dynamic infrastructure, scaling from tens of servers to thousands, on-premise and in the cloud. Thousands of the world's leading organizations use Puppet Labs' software to configure and manage their IT infrastructure, including Citrix, eBay, NYSE, Cisco WebEx, Salesforce, Bank of America and PayPal. Based in Portland, Oregon, Puppet Labs employs more than 220 people. The company is backed by investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Google Ventures, VMware, Cisco, True Ventures, Radar Partners, and Emerson Street Partners. To learn more, please visit www.puppetlabs.com.
Puppet Labs and Puppet are trademarks of Puppet Labs Inc. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.