SOURCE: Pure Storage, Inc.
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwire - Mar 21, 2013) - Pure Storage, the all-flash enterprise storage array company, today unveiled a new global guarantee program for all models of its flagship product, the Pure Storage FlashArray. Confident in the simplicity, data reduction capabilities, performance and cost savings benefits of its all-flash array, the company provides customers with unconditional assurance: love your FlashArray, or your money back. While guarantee programs are not new to the storage industry, previous programs have been overly complex and focused solely on providing assurances around capacity. Pure Storage believes that all-flash storage isn't just faster storage -- it's fundamentally better storage, and developed the "Love Your Storage" Guarantee to ensure its customers feel confident in every dimension of their decision to make the move from mechanical disk.
To better demonstrate FlashArray's actual performance against its data reduction claims, the company also launched the Pure Storage Dedupe Ticker on its website today, a first-of-its-kind tool that presents FlashArray's actual data reduction rates in aggregate across its installed customer base.
The Pure Storage FlashArray Guarantee: A Better Overall Storage Experience
With always-on compression and deduplication, 100-percent MLC flash, high availability and game-changing simplicity, the Pure Storage FlashArray embodies the fundamental recipe for a truly enterprise-class all-flash storage array. The FlashArray has been shipping to customers for over two years and the company is now extending its product maturity advantage with the guarantee of a dramatically better end-to-end storage experience over spinning disk.
- Data Reduction - Guaranteed: FlashArray delivers high-performance inline data reduction via deduplication, compression and thin provisioning technologies to reduce an organization's overall data footprint to deliver greater storage capacity compared to raw data. Visit Pure Storage's new Dedupe Ticker to see FlashArray's actual aggregated data reduction rates -- refreshed every five minutes -- based on its active install base of deployed systems.
- Vastly Improved Performance - Guaranteed: While most flash products can promise lower average response times, the consistency of their latency varies significantly. Designed with dependability in mind, the Pure Storage FlashArray delivers predictably consistent sub-millisecond latency.
- Superior Resiliency - Guaranteed: Pure Storage understands the performance and failure characteristics of flash. Going beyond RAID, it designed FlashArray to be resilient and fast, even in the face of multiple hardware failures, to deliver enterprise-class data protection.
- Simplified Storage Management - Guaranteed: FlashArray eliminates the need for lengthy installation procedures or complex performance tuning efforts, and the pain of executing RAID rebuilds that can take hours. Featuring a 15-minute install, web-based user interface and a VMware vSphere Web Client Plugin, storage and VDI administrators are free to spend their time on more constructive activities.
- Expert Technical Support When You Need It - Guaranteed: Pure Storage believes that the customer support experience is just as important as the storage array it's wrapped around, and is committed to ensuring its customers love their enterprise support as much as the FlashArray itself. With a dedicated team and 24/7/365 live technical support, customers can always get the answers they need, when and where they need them most.
"After testing other all-flash storage arrays on the market, we selected the Pure Storage FlashArray for its simplicity, efficiency and performance benefits," said Dan Pullis, IT Infrastructure Manager at Life Time Fitness. "FlashArray delivered first class performance -- we couldn't really even stress this array. Combined with an average 4-to-1 data reduction, we could not be more pleased with the results."
"Two years ago, we set out to build more than just the next great enterprise storage array -- we set out to build the next great storage company; one that stands behind the quality of its work and cares about its customers," said Scott Dietzen, CEO at Pure Storage. "Now, we are delivering on that vision with a product you can love today -- not next year, or the year after. FlashArray is already enabling businesses to achieve new levels of performance, operational efficiency and cost savings, for an optimized user experience that is not possible with legacy storage solutions. Give us the opportunity to prove it can do the same for you, and we are certain you'll love the FlashArray as much as we do."
How It Works
The Pure Storage "Love Your Storage" Guarantee is simple: every FlashArray is guaranteed for 30 days after arrival at the customer site. If a customer is unhappy with their FlashArray for ANY reason, they simply need to alert Pure Storage. The customer decides whether the guarantee has been met or not -- if the customer doesn't love the storage, they can elect to return the FlashArray for a full refund. The guarantee requires no standalone agreement, paperwork or "acceptance" from either side. Full terms of the guarantee are reflected in the standard Pure Storage licensing agreement provided to every customer at the time of purchase.
The "Love Your Storage" Guarantee is immediately available to customers worldwide with the purchase of a new Pure Storage FlashArray. For more information, visit www.purestorage.com/guarantee.html.
About Pure Storage
Pure Storage, the all-flash enterprise storage company, enables the broad deployment of flash in the data center. When compared to traditional disk-centric arrays, Pure Storage all-flash enterprise arrays are 10x faster and 10x more space and power efficient at a price point that is less than performance disk per gigabyte stored. The Pure Storage FlashArray is ideal for high performance workloads, including server virtualization, desktop virtualization (VDI), database (OLTP, real-time analytics) and cloud computing. For more information, visit www.purestorage.com.
Connect with Pure Storage:
Read the blog: http://www.purestorage.com/blog
Follow on Twitter: www.twitter.com/PureStorage
Visit on Facebook: www.facebook.com/PureStorage
Watch our video: You Know You Want Flash, Right?
The Pure Storage and "P" logo marks, Purity Operating Environment, and RAID-3D are trademarks of Pure Storage, Inc. All other trademarks or names referenced in this document are the property of their respective owners.