BEIJING--(Marketwire - Sep 28, 2012) - Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that a leading Chinese Internet and mobile solution provider Qihoo 360 Technology has built a powerful new data center based on the Juniper Networks® QFabric™ architecture. Specifically, the company has deployed a QFX3000-G QFabric System* -- designed for large enterprises, service providers and cloud data center environments -- to support its expansion into new web-based services including search and cloud offerings.
Qihoo 360 Technology currently supports more that 435 million users with its PC-based security solutions, 120 million mobile security users and 272 million users of its secure web browser -- almost all of whom are in China.
- Building on the strength of its brand and customer base, Qihoo 360 Technology is embarking on a strategic expansion with Juniper Networks, whose QFabric solution can support up to 6,144 10GbE ports within a single data center network fabric, providing the massive scalability needed to grow and compete in China's search engine market.
- Qihoo 360 Technology selected the Juniper Networks QFabric System over competing data center networking solutions for its low latency performance, scalability and manageability. With this solution now in place, Qihoo 360 Technology has become the first site in China to deploy the Juniper Networks QFabric architecture.
- The company has also deployed Juniper Networks EX3300 Ethernet Switches as a 1GbE access layer to connect its servers. In addition, Juniper Networks EX4200 Ethernet Switches with Virtual Chassis technology have been deployed to provide control plane access to the network and support connections to multiple Internet service providers. Virtual Chassis technology enables up to 10 interconnected switches to operate as a single, logical device.
- As part of the same network upgrade project, Qihoo 360 Technology has also deployed Juniper Networks MX960 3D Universal Edge Routers to support high-performance content synchronization between its new and existing data centers.
- The Juniper Networks Junos® operating system runs across all the QFabric devices, EX Series switches and the MX Series routers, enabling network operations to be seamlessly orchestrated across the entire infrastructure, streamlining Qihoo 360 Technology's network management workload, leading to a significant reduction in its operating costs. A Total Economic Impact study by Forrester Research found that organizations using Junos achieved a 42 percent reduction in network operations costs within 3.7 months.
- In addition to the advanced technology, Juniper Networks' expertise in deploying high-performance, high-availability networks was a significant factor in Qihoo 360 Technology's decision to become the first QFabric customer in China. Juniper Networks' professional services team provided design and implementation support, ensuring a rapid and seamless transition to the QFabric architecture.
Qihoo 360 Technology
"The QFabric solution caters to the demands of our current business and vision for future work and growth. It fully meets our need for low latency performance and scalability, together with ease of deployment, operations and maintenance, which result in a low total cost-of-ownership."
-Tan Xiaosheng, vice president, Qihoo 360 Technology
"We are honored to work with a leading technology company like Qihoo 360 Technology and partner with them on growing into new markets while increasing their competitiveness. The deployment of QFabric at Qihoo 360 Technology is a strong endorsement that Juniper Networks' solutions are the right choice for the most demanding data center applications and is further proof of success of our data center network simplification strategy."
- Douglas Murray, senior vice president, Asia Pacific, Juniper Networks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos and QFabric are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
*. The System includes Juniper Networks QFX3500 QFabric Nodes providing low-latency 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) network ports, QFX3008-I QFabric Interconnects acting as the backplane for the entire QFabric distributed switch, and the QFX3100 QFabric Director, which serves as the system's central routing engine