SOURCE: DMG Consulting LLC

November 13, 2008 08:00 ET

Quality Management/Recording (WFO) Market Grew by 18.3% in First Half of 2008

DMG Consulting Forecasts 2008 Revenues to Break $2.5 Billion

WEST ORANGE, NJ--(Marketwire - November 13, 2008) - DMG Consulting LLC, the leading provider of contact center and real-time analytics market research and consulting services, today published the 2008 Quality Management/Liability Recording Mid-Year Market Share Report. This comprehensive financial analysis provides insights into the trends that have driven strong and continuous growth in this important contact center segment.

In the first half of 2008, total revenue for the Quality Management/Liability Recording market was $1,336 million. This represents an 18.3% increase over the $1,230 million of revenue in the first half of 2007. The contact center segment of the market exceeded $507 million in the first half of 2008, a 13.4% increase over the same period in 2007. Despite the worldwide economic slowdown, DMG predicts that the Quality Management/Liability Recording market will continue to grow during the second half of 2008, and will exceed $2.5 billion by the end of the year.

"The strong growth in the first half of 2008 reflects the strength and versatility of the QM/Recording market," said Donna Fluss, president of DMG Consulting. "While we expect the rate of growth to slow in 2009 and through most of 2010 due to the worldwide economic meltdown, the QM/Recording market is expected to outperform many other contact center technology sectors. These solutions are viewed as mission-critical because of their ability to improve customer retention and the customer experience, and generate incremental revenue."

Market growth is being driven by innovation, new offerings for the mid-market, increased sales of relatively new WFO applications such as speech analytics, surveying/feedback, coaching, and performance management, and a substantial increase in professional services revenue.

The 2008 Quality Management/Liability Recording Mid-Year Market Share Report provides a detailed breakdown of revenue and market share for the following 20 vendors: ASC, Aspect, Autonomy etalk, Cacti, Calabrio, CallCopy, CyberTech, Envision, HigherGround, Interactive Intelligence, KnoahSoft, Magnetic North, NICE, OnviSource, TantaComm, Telrex, TDI, Verint, VirtualLogger and VPI. These vendors comprise 98.3% of this market segment. The remaining 1.7% of this market segment (25 vendors) is addressed in the "Other" category. Vendors of all sizes -- leaders, contenders and emerging companies -- are analyzed.

DMG Consulting's 2008 Quality Management/Liability Recording Mid-Year Market Share Report features a comprehensive and accurate market share analysis of the Quality Management/Recording technology segment. This sector has been one of the top performers in the contact center market for the past four years. The Report addresses quality assurance and recording solutions and all related applications, including speech analytics, performance management, surveying/feedback, coaching, eLearning, and workforce management. This Report is essential for vendors, financial analysts and investors looking to understand the current and future performance of this highly competitive market.

To learn more about the 2008 Quality Management/Liability Recording Mid-Year Market Share Report or to order a copy, go to www.dmgconsult.com, or contact Deborah Navarra at 516-628-1098 or deborah.navarra@dmgconsult.com.

About DMG Consulting LLC

DMG Consulting LLC is an advisory and consulting firm specializing in contact centers and real-time analytics. We are a strategic advisor to end users and vendors, large and small and the financial community. Our mission is to help our clients build world-class contact centers by leveraging technology, process and people. We assist management in optimizing the performance of their contact centers by increasing operational efficiency, providing an outstanding customer experience, enhancing loyalty and increasing sales and profits. And, we help vendors develop products and services that deliver differentiated innovation and benefits that suit the current and future needs of end users.

DMG Consulting is the leading provider of industry research for many segments of the contact center market, including: Quality Management/Liability Recording, Speech Analytics, Performance Management, Surveying, Workforce Management, Contact Center Outsourcing, Hosted Contact Center Infrastructure Solutions and Interactive Voice Response Systems.

Contact Information