AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS --(Marketwired - September 08, 2016) - IBC2016 - Quantenna Communications, a leader in ultra-high performance Wi-Fi, today announced a new product family for Dual-Band Selectable (DBS) client solutions. The QSR2000C product family builds upon Quantenna's industry leading Wi-Fi technology and offers superior speed, range and reliability while offering the fullest set of carrier-grade capabilities. The new QSR2000C product line is a perfect companion to Quantenna's award-winning line of access point and home gateway solutions.
As more services and applications are deployed over Wi-Fi, higher performance solutions are required for clients and access points. The QSR2000C product family builds upon Quantenna's industry-leading Wi-Fi technology, which offers extended range, higher speeds, and higher reliability versus competing solutions. Key QSR2000C features include Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO), transmit beamforming, precise 5GHz radar detection, and up to four spatial streams support. QSR2000C supports operation in either 2.4GHz or 5GHz Wi-Fi spectrum enabling customers to design products that can connect to 5GHz 802.11ac networks as well as legacy 2.4GHz networks.
Even more advanced capabilities can be unlocked when QSR2000C client solutions are paired with Quantenna's line of access point solutions, such as the QSR10G 8x8 + 4x4 Wave 3 solutions. These include:
- iQStream for carrier-grade Quality-of-Service (QoS) for simultaneous deployment of multiple services such as live linear TV, voice, data and other services;
- Zero PER for increased reliability during live, linear video transmissions over Wi-Fi; and
- Unequal MCS for increased speed and range.
"Broadening our Wi-Fi solutions portfolio is a top priority," said Lionel Bonnot, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Business Development at Quantenna. "The QSR2000C family is a strong step in this direction. We are introducing a full range of optimized client solutions, including our very first 2x2 solution. This enables Quantenna to obtain a larger footprint with our key customers."
"We have been successfully deploying Quantenna's Wi-Fi solutions in our Residential Gateways, video bridges and Set-top boxes over the years," said Jose Luis Espla, Director of Fixed Access and Device Development Center, Telefonica Group CTO office. "It is exciting to see the company provide a wider range of solutions that we can leverage in our home networks."
QSR2000C Chipset Family
Quantenna's QSR2000C products are available in different MIMO configurations to address the diverse needs of the client market:
- QV952C-K. This is a 2x2 MIMO solution for small form factor applications. This solution uses a small 10mm x 10mm baseband package and does not need any local memory (i.e., "Zero Memory") which enables integration into the smallest possible Set-Top Boxes (STBs) as well as Over-the-Top (OTT) client devices through PCIe. This solution supports Quantenna's Packet Traffic Arbitration (PTA) interface to co-exist with other 2.4GHz wireless technologies such as BLE, Zigbee, and Thread.
- QV922. This is a 2x4 MIMO solution that supports all features of QV952C-K with 2 additional receiver chains which support up to 4 spatial stream reception. This allows extended range for large home networks. A 2x4 MIMO system enables the longest reach and provides a downstream maximum speed of 1.7Gbps that is ideal for assymetric applications such as STBs, OTT devices and TVs. Similar to QV952C-K, this solution also comes in a small 10mm x 10mm baseband package with Zero Memory support through the PCIe interface.
- QV942. This is a 2x4 MIMO solution that supports local memory. This enables full host-CPU offload for superior speed and also offers additonal features such as repeater function. The QV942 supports both PCIe and RGMII as external hosts interfaces.
- QV842C. This is a 4x4 MIMO solution that supports all the features of QV942 adding two transmit chains for a maximum speed of 1.7Gbps for 5GHz networks and up to 800Mbps for 2.4GHz networks in either downstream or upstream directions.
Each of the above solutions is fully compatible with Quantenna's Wi-Fi cloud-based analytics service, MAUI. The combination of QSR2000C and MAUI means customers can monitor 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi performance, capacity, and reliability over their entire network as well as enable real-time self-healing and optimization capabilities.
Quantenna's QSR2000C product family is sampling now and will be in mass production in Q1 2017.
Quantenna is exhibiting at IBC in Hall 15, MS36, RAI, Amsterdam from September 8-13, 2016. To set up a meeting to learn about the latest Quantenna Wi-Fi solutions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quantenna is a global leader and innovator of leading-edge performance Wi-Fi solutions. Quantenna introduced the world's first 10G Wi-Fi technology for a new generation of access points in home, enterprise and public spaces and continues to innovate. Quantenna's Wi-Fi solutions offer superior performance, and establish benchmarks for speed, range, efficiency and reliability. With MAUI, Quantenna's cloud-based Wi-Fi analytics platform that complement its chipset solutions, service providers can deliver real-time, automated Wi-Fi monitoring, optimization, and self-healing to their customers around the clock to help achieve the best Wi-Fi experience. Quantenna is Wi-Fi Perfected. For more information, visit www.quantenna.com.