SAN DIEGO, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 9, 2014) - PURE Bioscience, Inc. (OTCQB: PURE), creator of the patented silver dihydrogen citrate (SDC) antimicrobial, today announced that it has shipped the SDC-based PURE® Hard Surface disinfectant and sanitizer to a leading Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) chain which is expanding its operational testing of the product into 650 U.S. stores located in three regions in two states.
SIGNIFICANTLY SUPERIOR TEST RESULTS
- The QSR chain is expanding operational testing into 650 of its U.S. stores after successfully completing the due diligence required in a series of in-store efficacy tests.
- More than 1,000 data points compared the efficacy of the chain's current sanitizer with that of PURE Hard Surface disinfectant and sanitizer. A full test report may be viewed at http://technical.purebio.com/;
- Areas tested included produce slicing equipment, food preparation counters, customer transaction counters, dining tables, soda machines and ice dispensers;
- In addition to quantitative efficacy results, the QSR recorded feedback from employees who consistently expressed preferences for the PURE product attributes including ease of use, odorless, and no skin irritation.
"PURE Hard Surface not only met, but also significantly exceeded every food safety and hygiene criteria put to us by our customer," said Cliff Wechsler, PURE's Executive Vice President of Sales, "including an impressive 96% improvement in efficacy performance compared with current products used -- and hence superior results in dramatically reducing food safety risk."
The Company estimates that the QSR's operational test will take 60-90 days to complete. Subject to successful test completion, PURE expects that the QSR will initiate a chain-wide rollout into its U.S. stores. The QSR is using PURE Hard Surface in addition to its existing cleaning and hygiene protocols in order to significantly mitigate the threat of contamination and improve overall food safety.
ADDITIONAL QSR-RELATED COMMERCIAL OPPORTUNITIES
- PURE is in the process of finalizing protocols to begin initial in-store efficacy testing with three additional QSR chains.
- In collaboration with a prominent ice machine manufacturer and a major QSR chain, PURE has begun to develop a protocol to provide a more effective cleaning and hygiene solution for ice dispensing machines.
PURE Hard Surface delivers powerful broad-spectrum antimicrobial effectiveness while remaining classified as least-toxic (Category IV) by the US EPA, and its active ingredient, SDC, has been determined Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) for use as a biocide on food processing utensils, equipment and machinery. Created specifically for use on areas such as produce slicing equipment, food preparation counters, customer transaction counters, dining tables, soda machines and ice dispensers, PURE Hard Surface achieves a 96% improved efficacy performance compared with other disinfectants/sanitizers.
About PURE Bioscience, Inc.
PURE Bioscience, Inc. is focused on developing and commercializing its proprietary antimicrobial products that provide solutions to the health and environmental challenges of pathogen and hygienic control within the food industry. The Company's technology platform is based on patented stabilized ionic silver, and its initial products contain silver dihydrogen citrate, or SDC. SDC is a broad-spectrum, non-toxic antimicrobial agent, which offers 24-hour residual protection. As a platform technology, SDC is distinguished from existing products in the marketplace by its superior efficacy, reduced toxicity and the inability of bacteria to form a resistance to it. PURE is headquartered in El Cajon, California (San Diego metropolitan area). Additional information on PURE is available at www.purebio.com.
Any statements contained in this press release that do not describe historical facts may constitute forward-looking statements as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements inherently involve risks and uncertainties that could cause our actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause or contribute to such differences include, but are not limited to, the Company's cash position and liquidity requirements, the Company's failure to implement or otherwise achieve the benefits of its proposed business initiatives and plans, acceptance of the Company's current and future products and services in the marketplace, the ability of the Company to develop effective new products and receive regulatory approvals of such products, competitive factors, dependence upon third-party vendors, including to manufacture its products, and other risks detailed in the Company's periodic report filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our annual report on Form 10-K filed October 24, 2013. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this press release. By making these forward-looking statements, the Company undertakes no obligation to update these statements for revisions or changes after the date of this release.