SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 9, 2012) -
Core News Facts:
- QuickPay, the premier provider of mobile parking payment solutions, today announced the addition of Sukanta Ganguly as chief technology officer.
- As CTO, Sukanta will help QuickPay attract top-notch talent and fine-tune product development processes to ensure QuickPay continues to deliver the highest-quality, most innovative parking solutions to its customers.
- At QuickPay, Sukanta will lead his product team to successfully accelerate product development, optimize the deployment process and ensure compliance with industry standards.
- Sukanta plans to identify and fulfill user and operator needs, increasing QuickPay's satisfied customer base in the process, in addition to supporting QuickPay fundraising initiatives to further those goals.
- This latest addition to the QuickPay executive team comes on the heels of the company's recent appointment of Barney Pell as CEO and the company's expansion to on-street parking in Salt Lake City.
- Sukanta has had an extensive career as an entrepreneur, investor and technology leader in Silicon Valley, founding and guiding companies in the broadband, storage and security industries.
- Most recently Sukanta served as CTO and head of products at TakingPoint, a social network focused on helping veterans transition post-service.
- In early 2000, Sukanta co-founded and served as CTO at Carrier9 Networks where he and his team launched the first triple play solution in the industry (voice-video-data in one coax) for AT&T broadband.
- Sukanta holds three data indexing patents and a Ph.D. in Transdisciplinary Engineering from Texas Tech University.
Sukanta Ganguly, CTO, QuickPay
"QuickPay's technology not only alleviates the payment issue for the parking industry, but also provides a solution to drivers pained by the parking process. The company's team and business are incredibly well-connected and well-conceived -- I find it a unique opportunity to develop state-of-the-art products that bring much-needed innovation to the parking industry."
Barney Pell, Chairman and CEO, QuickPay Corp.
"With the addition of Sukanta to the QuickPay executive team, the company is further equipped to better deliver and execute on QuickPay's vision to provide powerful simplicity in the form of a cutting-edge mobile payment platform to the parking industry."
About QuickPay Corp.:
Founded in 2010 and headquartered in San Francisco, privately-held QuickPay Corp. is a leading provider of unified mobile parking technology. QuickPay provides a cloud-based mobile parking access and revenue control system that integrates with any legacy parking infrastructure, enabling parking and transit owners and operators to unify their assets under a single low-cost, fast-deploy mobile payment platform. For consumers, QuickPay's mobile apps enable users to find, access, and pay for parking, with convenience and a wide variety of benefits. For more information please visit: www.qpme.com.