LONDON--(Marketwire - Nov 13, 2012) - RainStor, a provider of database solutions for Big Data, today announced its participation and speaking engagements at two esteemed events focused on Big Data management in the financial services industry. Big Data & Analytics for Financial Services conference and Financial Information Management conference (FIMA) will take place in London on 14 - 15 November and 20 - 22 November, respectively.
Big Data management and analytics are a top priority for banks and financial institutions today, and with growth rates reaching 100 percent annually, infrastructure capacity and associated costs become a strain. However, business users -- from online banking to equity trading and many other application environments -- continue to demand analytics against richer and broader data sets for better business insights. While innovative technology platforms, such as Hadoop, have enabled enterprises to more efficiently store Big Data, these enterprises require solutions that provide rapid response, low cost operations, and easy scalability in addition to the all-important data security and availability benefits.
RainStor's participation in key industry events demonstrates the company's commitment to solving Big Data challenges and driving innovative technology solutions into the enterprise, especially in the financial services industry.
Upcoming Events At-A-Glance
Big Data & Analytics for Financial Services
- What: "Simplify Your Big Data Management & Analytics, and Lower Your Total Costs," a session by Anthony Brooks Williams, vice president of global sales at RainStor, will discuss ways to reduce storage footprint by 90 percent; how to provide fast, flexible access for query and analysis; and provide best practice approaches to deploying Big Data solutions. Attendees will learn how to achieve low-cost operations with the highest degree of security, availability and scalability, leveraging a purpose-built database that can easily scale to meet growing enterprise data and at the same time provide flexible analytic access from standard SQL, native MapReduce or a variety of BI tools.
- When: 14 - 15 November, 2012
- Where: CCT Canary Wharf, London
- About the conference: As Europe's only Big Data Analytics conference, the event is tailored to financial services professionals and will discuss ways to harness the potential of Big Data and the opportunities it can bring to financial institutions. More information is available at: http://www.bigdatafs.com
- What: RainStor's MD of Business Development in EMEA, Julian Cook, will deliver a session, titled "Key Requirements for Managing and Analyzing Big Data," that will examine key requirements for managing and analyzing voluminous Big Data created at high velocity with a variety of data types that can run on flexible storage or hardware platforms, including natively on Hadoop. Attendees will learn how to flexibly access and query data using a variety of methods including standard SQL, BI tools and Hadoop MapReduce. Specific customer use-cases will be shared showing flexible deployment options as a primary analytics data hub or online data retention store to meet regulatory requirements. Attendees will learn how to achieve the lowest TCO across storage, hardware and administration.
- When: 20 - 22 November, 2012
- Where: QEII Conference Centre in London
- About the conference: FIMA is Europe's premier financial reference data management, hosting senior data management professionals from across the globe, to discuss big data management issues and challenges in the financial services sector. Attendees will hear the latest on financial reference data management, client on boarding, enterprise risk management, and many more pressing issues. More information is available at: http://www.wbresearch.com/fimaeurope/home.aspx
RainStor provides Big Data management software. RainStor's database enables the world's largest companies to keep and access limitless amounts of data for as long as they want at the lowest cost. It features the highest level of compression on the market, together with high performance on-demand query and simplified management. RainStor runs natively on a variety of architectures and infrastructure including Hadoop. RainStor's leading partners include Amdocs, Anritsu, AdaptiveMobile, Dell, HP, Qosmos and Teradata.
RainStor is a privately held company with offices in San Francisco, USA and Gloucester, UK. For more information, visit www.rainstor.com. Join the conversation at www.twitter.com/rainstor.