REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Jun 28, 2011) - Rocket Fuel, the leading scientific digital media buying & optimization company, today announced that Clark Kokich, Chairman of Razorfish, has joined the company's board of directors. Brent Jones, managing partner of Northgate, has become a board observer. These additions to the Rocket Fuel board come at a time of unprecedented growth for the company.
- Clark Kokich has joined Rocket Fuel's board of directors. He is currently Chairman of Razorfish, where he was previously CEO and President during a time of rapid growth in the company's global marketshare and international expansion. Under his guidance, Razorfish grew to become the world's largest digital agency prior to its acquisition by Microsoft in 2007. Kokich is also a board member of marketing services firm Acxiom.
- Brent Jones has been named a Rocket Fuel board observer. He is currently Managing Director of venture firm Northgate, which he co-founded in 2000 and has investments in leading digital media and technology companies including Living Social, AdMob, and Clearwell Systems.
Rocket Fuel Momentum:
- The addition of these industry veterans to the Rocket Fuel board comes at a time of rapid growth for the company. In the first quarter of 2011, Rocket Fuel added over 120 advertiser customers, grew revenues 567% vs. Q1 2010, opened new offices in Detroit and London, and tripled its employee base.
- Over 400 top brands and agencies worldwide, including eight of the top 10 Interbrand Best Global Brands, eight of the top 10 AdAge Leading National Advertisers, and the top five agency holding companies are now running on Rocket Fuel's patent-pending audience targeting platform to reach engaged, in-market consumers at the right points in the purchase funnel. Rocket Fuel's patent-pending technology combines behavioral, contextual, geographic, demographic, and many other data analytics techniques to accurately target ads across the web, in display, video, social, and mobile channels -- delivering relevant ads seen by over 150-million people per month.
- Rocket Fuel is the fastest-growing ad technology company in 2011. Founded in 2008 by veterans from NASA, Yahoo!, and DoubleClick, the company has raised $26.6M from Mohr Davidow Ventures, Nokia Growth Partners, Northgate Capital, Labrador Ventures, and Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati.
"I'm approached by many promising advertising companies, but I chose to join Rocket Fuel's board of directors because I believe in the value of taking a scientific approach to media optimization," said Clark Kokich, Chairman of Razorfish. "Rocket Fuel understands the challenges of brands and agencies, and is literally applying rocket science to online advertising to make it more precise and effective than ever before."
"Clark has a deep understanding of the customers Rocket Fuel serves, and we're thrilled to benefit from his expert guidance as we bring our ad technology to more global brands and agencies worldwide," said George John, co-founder and CEO of Rocket Fuel. "I'm proud that both Clark's enthusiasm for our business and Rocket Fuel's rapid growth are due to the powerful and consistent results we're driving for our customers."
"We've run 42 campaigns on Rocket Fuel to date," Steve Parker, Jr., Co-Founder and Managing Partner at Levelwing, a leading data-driven digital agency in New York. "The reason is pretty simple. Rocket Fuel works for our clients and gives us better results. Discovering and managing innovative technologies and partners like Rocket Fuel is part of the value we bring to our clients, and we're excited to work with Rocket Fuel as they continue to innovate and grow."
"As a premium supply partner to Rocket Fuel, we have seen the company grow dramatically from early 2009 to today. They were among the first partners to leverage our first API for bidding, and are a true thought leader in creating and using highly complex bidding strategies," said Chip Hall, Head of Buyer Development for Google's DoubleClick Ad Exchange. "Now, with Rocket Fuel fully integrated with DoubleClick Ad Exchange's real-time bidding API, Rocket Fuel excels at scale and can handle the Ad Exchange's full bid volume."
About Rocket Fuel:
Rocket Fuel Inc., the leader in real-time digital media buying and optimization, transforms online campaigns into marketing engines that deliver the metrics that matter to brands, from awareness to sales. The company provides advertisers and their agencies with a white-glove service powered by FusionEngine(SM), an audience targeting technology that combines behavioral, contextual, geographic, demographic, and many other data analytics techniques to generate results better than retargeting for direct-response advertisers and better than TV for brands. Over 400 of the world's leading brand advertisers run on Rocket Fuel across display, mobile, video and social media, including eight of the top 10 Interbrand Best Global Brands. Rocket Fuel has offices in eight cities across the US and Europe. Learn more at www.rocketfuel.com.