MARICOPA, AZ--(Marketwired - September 23, 2016) - Elearning! Media Group, publishers of Elearning! and Government Elearning! magazines, announced today that registration is now open for the Federal Government Distance Learning Association's (FDGLA) Government Learning Technology Symposium. GLTS is slated for December 7-8th at the Washington Convention Center, co-located with Government Video Expo.
"We are happy to host the GLTS as a free conference program for government personnel engaged in distance learning, e-learning, and any technology enabled learning initiative," reports Jolly Holden, Executive Director, FGDLA.
GLTS will hold several sessions focused on effective use of technologies for distance learning at the two-day Government Learning Technology Symposium (GLTS). Session. Join your fellow Government distance learning professionals December 7 - 8, 2016 at the Walter E Washington Convention Center, Washington D.C. for FGDLA's at-no-cost (FREE) Government Learning Technology Symposium.
FGDLA is proud to present a noteworthy speaker lineup with workshops and presentations to aid you in your work. Some highlights of the program include:
* Media selection: A Distance Learning Primer Workshop by Dr. Philip Westfall, Director, Defense Education & Training Network, and Director, Air Technology Network, Dept. of the Air Force
* Developing an Instructional Design Process by Tim Carrier, Manager and Executive Producer, Justice Television Network (JTN), Office of Legal Education, US Dept. of Justice
* Implementing and Sustaining Technology Innovation by Dr. Judith Bayliss, Ph.D. Center Director of Curriculum & Faculty Services (CFS), DAU
* The Future Learning Ecosystem by Dr. Sae Schatz, Director, Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) Initiative
* ADL Workshop: The Experience API -What Is It and What Can It Do for You? by Rob Chadwick, Systems Engineer IV (CTR), Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) Initiative
* Assistive technologies (AT) and Distance Learning by Alex Koudry, Director, Center for Information Technology Access, General Services Administration
* OPM's Government-wide USALearning Record Store by William Peratino, Director, USALearning, Office of Personnel Management; Paul Jesukiewicz, Director, Knowledge Portal, Office of Personnel Management
* Ensuring Contracts Include Accessibility as Required by Section 508 by Helen Chamberlain, Program Director, Government-wide Section 508, Office of Integration, Integrity, and Access, Office of Government-wide Policy
View and download the full program at: http://glts.fgdlaevents.us/ OR, directly download the PDF from https://static.secure.website/wscfus/4899501/3917302/fgdla-glts-program.pdf
Who Should Attend
GLTS is a free two-day conference for government personnel. Uniquely focused on the needs of Federal Government distance learning professionals, GLTS provides a venue for professionals to make connections, discuss the latest developments, and identify new regulations and trends that affect our industry. If you are involved in learning, talent development, mission execution, HR services, project management, team training and leadership, you should attend GLTS.
This symposium is geared toward all Government and Military professionals involved in distance learning, such as:
*Education and training facilitators
* Instructional design and systems professionals
* Training systems designers and developers
* Job performance support professionals
* Multimedia developers
* Course-ware developers
* Directors and managers
The FGDLA is also hosting its annual awards, recognizing Federal Government agencies and organizations for their excellence in distance learning. For a full list of events during the symposium, visit http://www.fgdla.us/.
How to Register:
Registration is open now. Reserve your free GLTS session pass at the Government Video website and select GLTS event at: https://www.compusystems.com/servlet/ar?evt_uid=687
To secure the proper pass, please note:
* Review your options - choose "I am registering for Free National Drone Show/GVExpo Exhibit Hall Pass" to attend for free
* On the second page of the registration form, when asked, "What is your primary reason for attending Government Video Expo?", choose "FGDLA/GLTS Only or Both FDGLA/GLTS and Exhibit Hall"
About the Event
The GLTS is co-located with Government Video Expo (GV Expo), held at the Washington D.C. Convention Center, Dec. 7-8, 2016. The GV EXPO is the East Coast's largest technology event designed for video, broadcast, and AV professionals. The GLTS is produced by the FGDLA and includes two days of consecutive sessions featuring presentations on instructional design, video and animation design for distance learning, LMS integration, 508 Accessibility Compliance, Learning Record Stores, and much more. Access the full event program at: http://glts.fgdlaevents.us/
About Elearning! Media Group
Elearning! Media Group is owned by B2B Media Group LLC. Elearning! Media Group consists of twelve media products including: Elearning! Magazine and eMagazine, Government Elearning! E-Magazine, Elearning! Alert, SalesTec eNews, EdTec eNews, 2elearning.com, Elearning! Web Seminar Series, Enterprise Learning! Summit and Enterprise Learning! Conference. Elearning! Media Group serves the $225 billion learning & workplace technology market. Suppliers and practitioners can follow us: online at www.2elearning.com; on Twitter: 2elearning or #ELSummit; via Facebook: Elearning!-Magazine or LinkedIn: Elearning! Magazine Network.
About Federal Government Distance Learning Association (FGDLA)
The Federal Government Distance Learning Association (FGDLA) is a nonprofit, professional association formed to promote the development and application of distance learning in the Federal Government, in accordance with Section 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code for Business Leagues and charted by the State of Ohio. Additionally, the Association actively fosters collaboration and understanding among those involved in leveraging technology and instructional media in support of the education and training needs of the Federal Government.
Focused on supporting Federal Government agencies involved in distance learning, the FGDLA encourages the application of all forms of distance learning media, as well as embracing innovative methods in integrating instructional technologies to meet the training and education needs of the Federal Government. Our membership is derived primarily from individuals from individuals employed by the various agencies within the Federal Government. The FGDLA is a chapter of the United States Distance Learning Association. employed by the various agencies within the Federal Government. The FGDLA is a chapter of the United States Distance Learning Association. Learn more at: www.fgdla.us