WINNIPEG, MANITOBA--(Marketwire - Sept. 20, 2012) - The Federal Electoral Boundaries Commission for Manitoba is set to hold public hearings on the new federal electoral map it recently proposed.
The commission makes final decisions about where the electoral boundaries will be located after consultation, giving the public and members of Parliament an opportunity to express their views and participate in the process.
Everyone is invited to attend. Those wishing to make a representation at a hearing are requested to send the commission written notice no later than October 1, 2012.
Meet the commission to discuss its proposal at these places and times:
- WINNIPEG, Fort Garry Hotel, La Verendrye Room, Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 7:00 p.m.
- SELKIRK, Selkirk Inn and Conference Centre, Salon A, Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 3:00 p.m.
- WINNIPEG, Fort Garry Hotel, La Verendrye Room, Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 7:00 p.m. (Simultaneous translation to be provided)
- BRANDON, Royal Oak Inn and Suites, Regency A, Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 3:00 p.m.
- DAUPHIN, Parkland Recreation Complex, Lion's Den Room, Friday, October 19, 2012 at 9:00 a.m.
- THOMPSON, Burntwood Hotel, Selkirk Room, Friday, October 19, 2012 at 4:00 p.m.
For complete address information for public hearings, visit www.federal-redistribution.ca under Manitoba - Public Hearings.
To make a representation, send notice to the commission by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail (Cargill Grain Building, 240 Graham Avenue, Suite 828, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3C 0J7). Hearings may be cancelled if no notice of representation is received.
To consult the proposal online, visit www.federal-redistribution.ca. The proposal was also published as a supplement to the Canada Gazette on September 8, 2012. To obtain a copy, contact the commission at 1-855-747-7226 (toll-free).