SASKATOON, SASKATCHEWAN--(Marketwire - Aug. 23, 2012) - The Federal Electoral Boundaries Commission for Saskatchewan is set to hold public hearings on the new federal electoral map it recently proposed.
The commission makes final decisions about where the electoral boundaries will be located after consultation, giving the public and members of Parliament an opportunity to express their views and participate in the process.
Everyone is invited to attend. Those wishing to make a representation at a hearing are requested to send the commission written notice no later than September 3, 2012.
Meet the commission to discuss its proposal at these places and times:
- REGINA, Ramada Hotel and Convention Centre, Monday, September 17, 2012 at 10:00 a.m.
- SWIFT CURRENT, Credit Union iPlex, Tuesday, September 18, 2012 at 10:00 a.m.
- WEYBURN, Royal Canadian Legion, Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 10:00 a.m.
- FORT QU'APPELLE, Treaty Four Governance Centre, 740 Sioux Avenue South, Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 10:00 a.m.
- NORTH BATTLEFORD, Don Ross Centre, Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 10:00 a.m.
- PRINCE ALBERT, Carlton Comprehensive High School, Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 10:00 a.m.
- TISDALE, RECplex, Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 10:00 a.m.
- SASKATOON, Radisson Hotel, Friday, October 5, 2012 at 10:00 a.m.
For complete address information for public hearings, visit www.federal-redistribution.ca under Saskatchewan - Public Hearings.
To make a representation, send notice to the commission by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail (440 2nd Avenue North, Suite 203, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, S7K 2C3). Hearings may be cancelled if no notice of representation is received.
To consult the proposal online, visit www.federal-redistribution.ca. The proposal was also published as a supplement to the Canada Gazette on August 11, 2012. To obtain a copy, contact the commission at 1-855-747-7230 (toll-free).