Punch Communications

Punch Communications

April 21, 2011 13:00 ET

Return on Investment from SEO Considerably Higher Than That of Pay-Per-Click Advertising, Says Punch

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwire - April 21, 2011) - The return on investment businesses can expect from investing in search engine optimisation (SEO) is up to 100 per cent more than that from pay-per-click advertising, says public relations and Search Agency, Punch Communications.

There are many different aspects to a successful SEO campaign, including researching and choosing appropriate keywords, deciding on landing pages, ensuring website copy and url's are optimised and Google friendly and finally, the creation and distribution of press releases. However, once these are agreed and the campaign is under way, businesses, depending on backlink volume against the keywords, can expect to start seeing increased website traffic after three to five weeks as the keywords move up the ranks of Google.

Pay-per-click on the other hand provides the means to be instantly listed on the first page for the selected keywords but, it does however have certain drawbacks. Firstly, businesses have to assign a certain amount of capital towards each keyword, which reduces each time the link is clicked on and once the designated capital has been used up, the advert simply disappears until the next day, week, or month.

The second, and probably most important, is the click through ratio between the two. Research has shown that when performing Google searches, 70 per cent of users will opt to click on one of Google's naturally listed results, with just the remaining 30 per cent using the pay-per-click adverts.

Ben Leuty, account manager at PR Company, Punch Communications, commented: "There is a lot of initial research and ongoing work that needs done to ensure that a SEO campaign is successful but, once it's underway and the keywords start to rank, businesses can't expect massively increased web-traffic volumes and therefore, return on investment.

"Punch tries to differentiate itself from other SEO Agencies by handling the entire process from beginning to end, including the ongoing research, press release creation and distribution. Additionally, Punch has been marketing itself through SEO for almost four years and consequently as an unrivalled knowledge of everything SEO. We are ourselves ranked number one by Google across a number of our own keywords."

Punch also offers traditional PR and social media services. For more information please visit www.punchcomms.com or call 01858 411 600.

Contact Information