CHICAGO, IL--(Marketwired - Aug 2, 2016) - Rithmio, a gesture recognition company, announces its weightlifting tracking app, Rithmio EDGE, for athletes. Today, Rithmio EDGE is available in Google Play. Rithmio EDGE pairs with an Android Wear smartwatch to auto-track weightlifting routines, thus helping athletes better understand their progress.
During a workout session at the gym, EDGE learns your form for each weightlifting exercise and can then recognize the exercise being performed. EDGE tracks your repetitions and auto-populates your workout log as you go through your session. When you're finished with your workout, EDGE provides insights on muscles targeted, key metrics such as active time, and a summary view. EDGE also provides exercise-level analytics, including charts and personal records.
The motion recognition software behind Rithmio EDGE has been in development for over five years. The robustness of the software makes it possible for Rithmio EDGE to distinguish between seemingly similar exercises, such as hammer curl or bicep curl, and provides the ability to learn each athlete's form in an unsupervised way.
"Measuring movement well is an exceptionally challenging math problem, especially when it comes to the human body," said Adam Tilton, CEO and Co-founder of Rithmio. "We built a better way to track our own gym workouts that led us to create this solution. We're excited to share EDGE with the community to help others better understand their progress and make the most out of their time in the gym."
Rithmio EDGE provides specific data about your workout, including:
- Sets and Reps: EDGE recognizes when you're performing an exercise, accurately counts your reps and updates your workout log
- Weight and Duration: For each exercise, EDGE carries over your most recent weight. When you get stronger, you can change the weight used directly in the app
- Progress Over Time: EDGE tracks workouts over time to reveal trends for each individual exercise
- Active Time vs. Rest Time: EDGE records the amount of time you spend in motion and separates it from the time you spend recovering or resting, like putting away your weights or grabbing a drink of water
- Personal Records: EDGE keeps track of your PRs for every individual exercise, so you can beat them the next time around
Looking ahead, Rithmio plans to expand EDGE's capabilities to add the ability to plan your workout, increase post-workout analytics and tracking for more exercises.
Rithmio EDGE is available now for free in the Google Play store and requires an Android Wear smartwatch. To learn more about Rithmio EDGE, visit http://www.rithmioedge.com/.
Rithmio is an innovator in understanding movement through wearables and connected clothing. Rithmio's motion recognition software improves our ability to measure and manage movement, delivering accurate depictions of motion to drive desired outcomes. Based in Chicago, Rithmio was co-founded in 2013 by Adam Tilton and Prashant Mehta at the University of Illinois. To learn more about Rithmio, visit http://www.rithmio.com/ or follow @rithmio.