SOURCE: Riverbed Technology
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 25, 2012) - Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD), the performance company, today announced its participation at Interop New York 2012, taking place October 1-5, 2012 at the Javits Convention Center in New York, NY. At the conference, a Riverbed® customer, Michael Hart, senior systems administrator of Rolex Watch USA, Inc., will participate in a panel discussion about the evolution of wide area network (WAN) optimization solutions. Additionally, Riverbed executives will discuss the value of network virtualization for enterprises and provide insights on increasing the impact of IT. In the Riverbed booth (#417), the company will demonstrate its solutions for consolidating data and applications as well as extending the software-defined data center (SDDC) to the edges of corporate networks.
- At the Riverbed booth, the company will demonstrate enhanced solutions from the Riverbed Steelhead® product family, including the Steelhead appliance, Granite™ appliance and Steelhead Mobile. Riverbed will demonstrate solutions that extend the virtual edge of the software defined data center to remote branches to optimize compute and storage while increasing flexibility and control. This builds on an existing partnership with VMware and the recent software-defined network and data center collaboration announcement at VMworld in August 2012.
- Riverbed executives and a customer are presenting during Interop New York. Please consult the conference guide for most up-to-date, location, and times.
- In the "Networking" Track session titled "What are the Next Steps for WAN Optimization?," Riverbed customer Michael Hart, senior systems administrator of Rolex Watch USA, Inc., is participating on a panel moderated by Jim Metzler of Ashton Metzler & Associates to discuss the future of WAN optimization and what companies can do to leverage its functionality. The session will take place on Wednesday, October 3 from 2:15 - 3:15 p.m. in Room 1E16.
- In the "Network Virtualization: What Is It & Is It Ready for Production Networks?" session, Steve Riley, technical director in the office of the CTO at Riverbed, will participate in a panel discussion moderated by Jim Metzler of Ashton Metzler & Associates to discuss the value of network virtualization to enterprises, including how virtualization can simplify the management and provisioning of the network and applications. The session is scheduled on Thursday, October 4 from 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. in Room 1E16.
- In the "From IT Manager to IT Leader: 5 Key Insights" session at the IT Leadership Summit, Chris Pinckney, former CIO and director of global customer programs, at Riverbed, will provide insights on effectively communicating and collaborating with IT teams, executives and third-party partners. This includes integrating project teams and business units, presenting technology investments to executives, and communicating effectively with vendors. The session is scheduled on Monday, October 1 from 3:30 pm - 4:00 pm in Room 1E13.
More than 19,000 organizations worldwide depend on Riverbed to understand, optimize and consolidate their IT infrastructure through solutions that overcome performance issues caused by distance, distributed computing, and ever increasing amounts of data. As IT organizations embark on strategic initiatives to virtualize, consolidate and migrate workloads into cloud environments, users are moved farther from their data. Slow applications, slow file transfers and inefficient websites can negatively impact the performance and success of these initiatives. Riverbed transforms IT performance by providing solutions spanning WAN optimization, edge virtual server infrastructure (edge-VSI), application-aware network performance management, application delivery controllers, web content optimization (WCO), and cloud data protection for backup and disaster recovery. By providing the broadest portfolio of performance solutions that deliver anywhere, any-application optimization, Riverbed enables organizations to increase productivity and efficiency, while enhancing business resilience and controlling costs.
Interop New York 2012
Interop New York 2012 is the world's largest independent and comprehensive event for IT professionals. With three full days of breakout sessions and more than 150 exhibitors, attendees will have unparalleled access to the knowledge and tools they need to master a broad range of technologies including cloud, virtualization, data centers, wireless and mobility, and information security. To learn more about Interop 2012 in New York, visit http://www.interop.com/newyork/.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements relating to the expected demand for Riverbed's products and services, and statements relating to Riverbed's ability to grow market share, meet the needs of distributed organizations, and deliver anticipated joint solutions. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions that, if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties that could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include our ability to react to trends and challenges in our business and the markets in which we operate; our ability to anticipate market needs or develop new or enhanced products to meet those needs; the adoption rate of our products; our ability to establish and maintain successful relationships with our distribution partners; our ability to compete in our industry; fluctuations in demand, sales cycles and prices for our products and services; shortages or price fluctuations in our supply chain; our ability to protect our intellectual property rights; general political, economic and market conditions and events; and other risks and uncertainties described more fully in our documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. More information about these and other risks that may impact Riverbed's business are set forth in our Form 10-Q filed with the SEC on July 27, 2012. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to us as of the date hereof, and we assume no obligation to update these forward-looking statements. Any future product, feature or related specification that may be referenced in this release are for information purposes only and are not commitments to deliver any technology or enhancement. Riverbed reserves the right to modify future product plans at any time.
Riverbed delivers performance for the globally connected enterprise. With Riverbed, enterprises can successfully and intelligently implement strategic initiatives such as virtualization, consolidation, cloud computing, and disaster recovery without fear of compromising performance. By giving enterprises the platform they need to understand, optimize and consolidate their IT, Riverbed helps enterprises to build a fast, fluid and dynamic IT architecture that aligns with the business needs of the organization. Additional information about Riverbed (NASDAQ: RVBD) is available at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed and any Riverbed product or service name or logo used herein are trademarks of Riverbed Technology, Inc. All other trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.