SOURCE: Riverbed Technology
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Jul 2, 2012) - Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD), the performance company, today announced it has been named one of the Top Workplaces for 2012, according to a survey published by the Bay Area Newspaper Group, which includes the Contra Costa Times, InsideBayArea.com, the Oakland Tribune and the San Jose Mercury News. The survey, conducted by WorkPlaceDynamics, was completed by Riverbed® employees in the Bay Area. This award is a reflection of employees' view of Riverbed as a great place to work based on conditions, pay and benefits, engagement by managers, execution, career advancement opportunities and overall direction.
- Riverbed employees who completed the survey said competitive pay, work/life balance and opportunities for contribution and growth were among the top reasons that Riverbed was named a top place to work. Riverbed placed first among companies whose employees said that "my pay is fair for the work I do." Riverbed also placed fifth among companies whose employees said that "new ideas are encouraged," and "I get the formal training I want for my career."
- Riverbed was one of more than 20 companies that were recognized for clear and constant communications to keep staff motivated and collegial. In the "Clear, constant communication a major focus in the Bay Area's Top Workplaces" article published on June 15, 2012, the San Jose Mercury News reported that Riverbed does things such as "augments its all-hands meetings with fun, social activities offsite."
- Riverbed was also one of nearly 30 companies recognized for efforts that embrace green practices and taking brave new strides to further the bay area's "green" footprint. In the "Green is a familiar color -- and practice -- among the Bay Area Top Workplaces" article published on June 15, 2012, the San Jose Mercury News reported that current green practices at Riverbed include energy conservation, a Commuter Check program, a Bike to Work program and recycling programs.
- Riverbed recently celebrated its 10 year anniversary on May 23, 2012 after being founded in San Francisco. Since its inception, Riverbed has grown to more than 1,600 employees, nearly half of whom are based in the Bay Area. Additionally, Riverbed recently signed separate 10-year leases at larger spaces to remain headquartered in San Francisco, Calif. and maintain its presence in Sunnyvale, Calif. for the company's employees in the South Bay.
Employee Quotes from Survey
- "I work with some of the smartest and most hardworking people in the industry."
- "Competitive salary and appreciation for the work I do."
- "Riverbed has products that make its customers more efficient and save them money."
"Our employees are our most important and valuable asset. Their ideas and contributions help us to continue the innovation that enables us to deliver market-leading and best-of-breed performance solutions to our customers. We feel it's very important to encourage, support and reward our employees and am ecstatic our employees view Riverbed as a top place to work."
--Mike Guerchon, senior vice president, employee services at Riverbed.
For more information on Careers at Riverbed, please visit: http://www.riverbed.com/us/careers/.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements relating to the expected demand for Riverbed's products and services. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions that, if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties that could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include our ability to react to trends and challenges in our business and the markets in which we operate; our ability to anticipate market needs or develop new or enhanced products to meet those needs; the adoption rate of our products; our ability to establish and maintain successful relationships with our distribution partners; our ability to compete in our industry; fluctuations in demand, sales cycles and prices for our products and services; shortages or price fluctuations in our supply chain; our ability to protect our intellectual property rights; general political, economic and market conditions and events; and other risks and uncertainties described more fully in our documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. More information about these and other risks that may impact Riverbed's business are set forth in our Form 10-Q filed with the SEC on April 30, 2012. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to us as of the date hereof, and we assume no obligation to update these forward-looking statements. Any future product, feature or related specification that may be referenced in this release are for information purposes only and are not commitments to deliver any technology or enhancement. Riverbed reserves the right to modify future product plans at any time.
Riverbed delivers performance for the globally connected enterprise. With Riverbed, enterprises can successfully and intelligently implement strategic initiatives such as virtualization, consolidation, cloud computing, and disaster recovery without fear of compromising performance. By giving enterprises the platform they need to understand, optimize and consolidate their IT, Riverbed helps enterprises to build a fast, fluid and dynamic IT architecture that aligns with the business needs of the organization. Additional information about Riverbed (NASDAQ: RVBD) is available at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed and any Riverbed product or service name or logo used herein are trademarks of Riverbed Technology, Inc. All other trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.