SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 16, 2012) - Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD), the performance company, today announced its participation at Storage Networking World's Fall 2012 Conference, taking place October 16-19, 2012 at the Hyatt Regency Silicon Valley/Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. At the conference, Riverbed® (booth #501) will demonstrate its solutions for consolidating data, accelerating disaster recovery, and moving backups to the cloud. These demonstrations will include showcases on Granite™ edge virtual server infrastructure (edge-VSI), the Steelhead® wide area network (WAN) optimization appliance, and the Whitewater® cloud storage gateway appliance. In addition, Riverbed spokesperson Joshua Dobies will deliver a presentation highlighting how companies can supercharge the performance of data replication and backup over the WAN.
Organizations worldwide are using Riverbed's broad suite of performance solutions that span (WAN) optimization, edge-VSI, application-aware network performance management (NPM), application delivery, web content optimization (WCO), and cloud data protection.
- In a session titled "Supercharge the Performance of Data Replication and Backup over the WAN," Mr. Dobies will discuss how organizations can meet business critical service level agreements (SLAs) for backup and replication despite the inherent performance challenges of WANs. Attendees will learn how to meet RPO/RTO objectives when sharing WAN infrastructure with other business applications, how to boost DR performance over the WAN up to 10x more and reduce costs, and how to maintain maximum speed across WAN links with high levels of latency and/or packet loss. This session will take place on Thursday, October 18 from 3:10-3:55 PM. Please check the show guide for location.
- On October 3, Riverbed introduced several new enhancements and new products to the Steelhead product family to improve data protection.
- The new integration of VMware vSphere® into its Riverbed® Steelhead® EX model appliances that when combined with the Granite™ edge virtual server infrastructure (edge-VSI), enables organizations to achieve greater cost efficiency, improve data protection, and manage resources centrally while delivering services to the edge as if they were local.
- The new Steelhead CX 5055 model appliance and the Steelhead CX 7055 model appliance enable enterprises to more cost-effectively manage large-scale data center-to-data center replication, accelerate applications among many locations and users in an enterprise, and build large private cloud infrastructures.
- The new Riverbed Optimization System (RiOS) 8.0, the software that powers Steelhead appliances, offers expanded integrated QoS capabilities, 6-fold over previous versions of RiOS. With RiOS 8.0, organizations have the ability to scale automatic identification and prioritization to more than 600 applications, which helps prioritize business-critical traffic and data protection traffic based on the business needs.
- On September 10, Riverbed announced the availability of a new Whitewater Operating System (WWOS), version 2.0 and a new enterprise grade Whitewater cloud storage gateway 3010 model appliance. The new WWOS enables organizations to achieve higher scalability while providing simplified administration and the Whitewater 3010 model appliance offers the ability to handle larger backup data workloads, with four times the local storage capacity of previous models to address larger scale enterprise requirements.
"Riverbed offers customers the most comprehensive and trusted approaches to solving the performance challenges inherent to enterprise data consolidation, data protection, and disaster recovery. Many organizations deploy our Steelhead and Granite products to streamline backup and replication, centralize data, and make business continuity plans more efficient and reliable. They are also using Whitewater appliances to jumpstart their cloud storage strategies, reducing costs and improving their recovery time (RTO) and recovery point objectives (RPO) at the same time."
- Nik Rouda, senior director, solutions & verticals at Riverbed
Storage Networking World Fall 2012
Storage Networking World (SNW) is the world's largest independently produced conference series focused on the evolution of architecture for a new world of mobility, Big Data and business agility. Produced by Computerworld -- and co-owned by Computerworld and the Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) -- SNW remains unbiased and vendor agnostic. Unlike events focused on a specific vendor agenda and product portfolio, SNW provides a forum of open thought leadership and practical education that defines the spectrum of storage, data and infrastructure solutions available to a highly qualified audience of enterprise technology decision-makers. To learn more about the Storage Networking World, visit: https://www.eiseverywhere.com/ehome/index.php?eventid=39872&.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements relating to the expected demand for Riverbed's products and services, and statements relating to Riverbed's ability to grow market share, meet the needs of distributed organizations, and deliver anticipated solutions. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions that, if they do not fully materialize or prove incorrect, could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties that could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include our ability to react to trends and challenges in our business and the markets in which we operate; our ability to anticipate market needs or develop new or enhanced products to meet those needs; the adoption rate of our products; our ability to establish and maintain successful relationships with our distribution partners; our ability to compete in our industry; fluctuations in demand, sales cycles and prices for our products and services; shortages or price fluctuations in our supply chain; our ability to protect our intellectual property rights; general political, economic and market conditions and events; and other risks and uncertainties described more fully in our documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. More information about these and other risks that may impact Riverbed's business are set forth in our Form 10-Q filed with the SEC on July 27, 2012. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to us as of the date hereof, and we assume no obligation to update these forward-looking statements. Any future product, feature or related specification that may be referenced in this release are for information purposes only and are not commitments to deliver any technology or enhancement. Riverbed reserves the right to modify future product plans at any time.
Riverbed delivers performance for the globally connected enterprise. With Riverbed, enterprises can successfully and intelligently implement strategic initiatives such as virtualization, consolidation, cloud computing, and disaster recovery without fear of compromising performance. By giving enterprises the platform they need to understand, optimize and consolidate their IT, Riverbed helps enterprises to build a fast, fluid and dynamic IT architecture that aligns with the business needs of the organization. Additional information about Riverbed (NASDAQ: RVBD) is available at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed and any Riverbed product or service name or logo used herein are trademarks of Riverbed Technology, Inc. All other trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.