VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - March 20, 2013) - Rokmaster Resources Corp. (TSX VENTURE:RKR) ("Rokmaster" or the "Company") is pleased to announce it has discovered a new zone on the Pinaya Project yielding results up to 2.91% copper and 36.0 grams per tonne ("g/t") silver over 2.0 metres.
Rock chip sample results from an argillic altered 300 x 400 metre area hosted by porphyritic andesites yielded highly anomalous copper and silver values. Mineralization includes fracture controlled malachite and chrysocolla associated with moderate to strong limonite oxidation. This new porphyry target is located on trend 10.5 km southwest of the Western Porphyry resource area (9.5 km from the nearest drill hole) and immediately southeast of the Saitocco Zone. Reconnaissance rock chip samples within the area contained up to 2.91 % copper with 36.0 g/t silver and 0.946 % copper with 120.0 g/t silver, over two metre sample widths in fractured host porphyritic andesites. All analytical work was carried out by ACME Analytical Laboratories Ltd., an ISO 9001 & ISO/IEC 17025 accredited laboratory in Vancouver, BC, Canada. More work is recommended for this zone, known as Plata Sur, including mapping, rock sampling, and trenching.
SITE WORK COMPLETED
- Results from 4,290 soil samples were received recently and are being compiled and interpreted.
- Additional property wide prospecting, geological mapping, soil and rock sampling were completed under the supervision of Pinaya Project Director, Kenneth Konkin, P. Geo.
- Generation of six high quality porphyry copper gold and oxide gold diamond drill targets on the Pinaya trend.
SITE WORK IN PROGRESS
- Preparation for submission of the 20 platform diamond drilling and trenching permit application, together with the Environmental Impact Statement and the Pinaya Community agreements, is near completion.
- Compilation of geological, geochemical, geophysical and historical drill data by the Pinaya technical team continues. The work includes:
- definition of the principal ore controls, geological host, alteration type and intensity.
- definition of the principal geological characteristics of the Tintaya, Antapaccay and Las Bambas deposits and compare these to Pinaya.
- provision of general guidelines of the major lithologic types, structural relationships and alteration features of gold dominant low sulphidation and intrusive hosted copper-gold mineralized zones.
- Rokmaster's Lima Stock Exchange ("BVL") Listing Application has been submitted to the BVL and the formal listing process has been initiated. As previously announced in news release dated December 18, 2012, the Company has engaged Seminario & CIA Sociedad Agente de Bolsa S.A. ("Seminario") to sponsor the listing of Rokmaster's shares on the BVL.
- Rokmaster is pleased to announce that Mr. Fernando Pickmann of Lima, Peru, has been appointed Manager - Corporate Development - Peru. Mr. Pickmann is a senior mining and commercial lawyer with over 18 years of experience. He is currently a partner of the Gallo Barrios Pickmann Law Firm, Peru and Professor of Mining Law and Strategic Alliance at the University of Lima. He has managed the listings and financings of several junior mining companies with the BVL.
- After an internal review, the Company has determined that the Bodine North property does not meet its corporate objectives and has elected to terminate its Option Agreement with the vendors.
Rokmaster is a mineral exploration and development company working in North and South America. The Company has two mineral exploration projects including the Pinaya copper gold project in southern Peru. While these properties are largely at early stages of development they represent exiting opportunities for the discovery of significant precious and base metal mineralization as evidenced at Pinaya (Gold Oxide Zone: Measured + Indicated ("M+I") mineral resources of 6,401,000 tonnes @ 0.79g/t Au and Inferred ("Inf") of 2,383,000 tonnes @ 0.59g/t Au and in the NW and West Porphyry Zone; M+I : 32,269,000 tonnes @ 0.43g/t Au + 0.39% Cu and Inf : 35,412,000 tonnes @ 0.27g/t Au + 0.40% Cu.*). Rokmaster's business model is to utilize its highly experienced team of mineral explorationists and developers to discover significant mineral resources and aggressively advance such projects, and to expose its shareholders to significant capital gain in the near term.
* (The mineral resource estimates are disclosed by Rokmaster at www.sedar.com or www.rokmaster.com in a National Instrument 43-101 Report dated July 26, 2012 titled "Independent Technical Report on the Pinaya Gold/Copper Property, Caylloma and Lampe Provinces, Peru, for Rokmaster Resources Corp." By prescribed definition, "mineral resources" do not have demonstrated economic viability. An Inferred mineral resource is that part of a mineral resource for which quantity and grade can be estimated on the basis of geological evidence and limited sampling and reasonably assumed, but not verified, geological and grade continuity. The mineral resources fall within a volume or shell defined by long-term metal price estimates of US$3.00/lb for copper and US$1,100.00/oz for gold.)
Kenneth G. Konkin, P. Geo., Consulting Geologist and Project Director for the Company, is a Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43.101-Standards For Disclosure of Mineral Projects, and has reviewed and approved the technical disclosure of this news release.
For additional information visit the company's website www.rokmaster.com.
On behalf of the Board of Directors of
ROKMASTER RESOURCES CORP.
John Mirko, President & Chief Executive Officer.
Information set forth in this news release contains forward-looking information that is based on assumptions as of the date of this news release. This forward-looking information reflects management's current estimates, beliefs, intentions and expectations. They are not guarantees of future performance. Rokmaster cautions that all forward-looking information is inherently uncertain and that actual performance may be affected by a number of material factors, many of which are beyond Rokmaster's control. Such factors include, among other things: risks and uncertainties relating to Rokmaster's ability to implement and complete exploration programs and Rokmaster's limited operating history and the need to comply with environmental and governmental regulations. Accordingly, actual and future events, conditions and results may differ materially from the estimates, beliefs, intentions and expectations expressed or implied in the forward-looking information. Except as required under applicable securities legislation, Rokmaster undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise forward-looking information. For more information on Rokmaster Resources Corp. investors should review the Company's filings that are available at www.sedar.com.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) nor any other regulatory authority accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.