VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Feb. 11, 2013) - Rokmaster Resources Corp. ("Rokmaster" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:RKR) is pleased to provide a progress report for the month of January 2013 related to the Company's Pinaya Copper Gold Project, as follows:
- Over 4,000 soil and additional rock chip samples were submitted to Acme Analytical Laboratories Ltd. ISO 9001 & ISO/IEC 17025 accredited Laboratory in Vancouver, B.C., Canada ("ACME") for analysis.
- Property wide prospecting, geological mapping, soil and rock sampling were completed under the guidance of Dr. James Oliver, P. Geo. and direct supervision of Pinaya Project Director, Kenneth Konkin, P. Geo.
- Preliminary analytical results (excluding over limit results) have been obtained from 15 duplicate/check and reference standard samples. These core samples were selected from both the porphyry copper - gold and oxide gold and low sulphidation gold mineralized zones. The interpretation of these results, and all core sampling procedures, quality control and quality assurance is being conducted under the supervision of Rokmaster's QAQC and Chief Consulting Geologist, Mark Rebagliati, P. Eng.
- Final preparation of a 20 platform diamond drilling and trenching permit application, including the Environmental Impact Statement (Declaracion de Impacto Ambiental or "DIA") for submittal to the Peruvian Ministry of Energy and Mines and its Regional Directorate ("DREM"), in addition to area land owner and Pinaya Community agreements, is under the direction of Mr. Konkin.
- Compilation of historical records of geological, geochemical, geophysical and drill data sets by the Pinaya technical team is rapidly progressing to:
- define the principal controls, distribution, alteration variations and styles.
- define the principal geological characteristics of the Tintaya, Antapaccay and Las Bambas deposits and contrast them to Pinaya.
- provide general guidelines of the major lithologic types, structural relationships and alteration features of gold dominant low sulphidation and intrusive hosted copper-gold mineralized zones.
- generate high quality drill targets at very low cost per target.
- As previously announced in news release dated December 18, 2012, the Company has engaged Seminario & CIA Sociedad Agente de Bolsa S.A. ("Seminario") to sponsor the listing of Rokmaster's shares on the Lima Stock Exchange ("BVL"). The Company has been working with Seminario to complete all the necessary documentation for the listing application and will now be submitting this to the BVL and initiating the formal listing process.
- The Rokmaster team will be presenting the Pinaya Project at this year's Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada's ("PDAC") Annual Convention in Toronto. The Pinaya exhibit will be located at the "Core Shack" on level 700 of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building, 222 Bremner Boulevard, Session 1, Sunday, March 3rd 10:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. and Monday March 4th 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. For additional information or conference registration, please visit www.pdac.ca.
Rokmaster is a mineral exploration and development company working in North and South America.
The Company has assembled certain mineral exploration projects including the Pinaya copper gold project in southern Peru. While these properties are largely at early stages of development they represent exiting opportunities for the discovery of significant precious and base metal mineralization as evidenced at Pinaya (Gold Oxide Zone: Measured + Indicated ("M+I") mineral resources of 6,401,000 tonnes @ 0.79g/t Au and Inferred ("Inf") of 2,383,000 tonnes @ 0.59g/t Au and in the NW and West Porphyry Zone; M+I : 32,269,000 tonnes @ 0.43g/t Au + 0.39% Cu and Inf : 35,412,000 tonnes @ 0.27g/t Au + 0.40% Cu.*). Rokmaster's business model is to utilize its highly experienced team of mineral explorationists and developers to discover significant mineral resources and aggressively advance such projects, and to expose its shareholders to significant capital gain in the near term.
*(The mineral resource estimates are disclosed by Rokmaster at www.sedar.com or www.rokmaster.com in a National Instrument 43-101 Report dated July 26, 2012 titled "Independent Technical Report on the Pinaya Gold/Copper Property, Caylloma and Lampe Provinces, Peru, for Rokmaster Resources Corp. By prescribed definition, "mineral resources" do not have demonstrated economic viability. An Inferred mineral resource is that part of a mineral resource for which quantity and grade can be estimated on the basis of geological evidence and limited sampling and reasonably assumed, but not verified, geological and grade continuity. The mineral resources fall within a volume or shell defined by long-term metal price estimates of US$3.00/lb for copper and US$1,100.00/oz for gold.)
Mark Rebagliati, P.Eng., a Qualified Person as defined under National Instrument 43-101, is supervising the quality assurance and quality control programs and exploration on behalf of Rokmaster and has reviewed the technical content of this release.
On behalf of the Board of Directors of
ROKMASTER RESOURCES CORP.
John Mirko, President & Chief Executive Officer.
Information set forth in this news release contains forward-looking information that is based on assumptions as of the date of this news release. This forward-looking information reflects management's current estimates, beliefs, intentions and expectations. They are not guarantees of future performance. Rokmaster cautions that all forward-looking information is inherently uncertain and that actual performance may be affected by a number of material factors, many of which are beyond Rokmaster's control. Such factors include, among other things: risks and uncertainties relating to Rokmaster's ability to implement and complete exploration programs and Rokmaster's limited operating history and the need to comply with environmental and governmental regulations. Accordingly, actual and future events, conditions and results may differ materially from the estimates, beliefs, intentions and expectations expressed or implied in the forward-looking information. Except as required under applicable securities legislation, Rokmaster undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise forward-looking information. For more information on Rokmaster Resources Corp. investors should review the Company's filings that are available at www.sedar.com.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) nor any other regulatory authority accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.