NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - Dec 10, 2013) - Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Rolls Royce Marine, manufacturer of power, propulsion and motion control solutions for the merchant, naval, offshore and submarine markets, has chosen to standardize on Infor as its sole ERP provider. The application is being rolled out across 90 countries, including the US, as part of a business transformation project that the company believes will help it realize savings throughout various departments in international offices.
- As a result of acquisition and rapid growth, Rolls Royce Marine had amassed 18 non-integrated legacy ERP systems, which did not provide a holistic view of the enterprise, and required the company to identify a single ERP platform upon which to standardize.
- Rolls Royce Marine chose to standardize on Infor for ERP because it was identified as the most cost-effective application option to manage the complex, multinational manufacturing operations required for the global marine leader.
- With Infor implemented across all operations, Rolls Royce Marine expects to gain significant efficiencies in manufacturing, financials and customer service through improved data quality and integration.
- Rolls Royce Marine has set key metrics once the implementation is complete, including improved on-time delivery for customer service and increased collaboration across teams and geographies for efficiency.
Rolls Royce Marine Quote
"By standardizing on one application for our production and services business, we will continue to improve not only cost-efficiencies within our business, but also our environmental profile," said Brandon Phuan, IT delivery director, Rolls Royce Marine. "This will help us maintain our position of leadership in many areas of the marine sector, and a key component of the template is a single view of the business, delivered by a robust ERP platform."
"Marine engineering is a sector undergoing a great deal of change," said Edward Talerico, industry director, aerospace and defense, Infor. "To capitalize on new offshore opportunities for growth, exploit new technology such as liquid natural gas-powered vessels or enter emerging markets, manufacturers need clear visibility into data and a single view of the business."
"As a platform in manufacturing, Infor ERP has continually proven its worth, and we are confident that it will make a substantial contribution to the business transformation project underway at Rolls Royce Marine."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
Keep Current on Infor:
Infor is fundamentally changing the way information is published and consumed in the enterprise, helping 70,000 customers in more than 200 countries and territories improve operations, drive growth, and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, and with an innovative user experience design that is simple, transparent, and elegant. Infor provides flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises, or both. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Infor customers include:
- 19 of the top 20 aerospace companies
- 12 of the top 13 high tech companies
- 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies
- 21 of the 25 largest US health delivery networks
- 16 of the 20 largest US cities 84 of the top 100 automotive suppliers
- 31 of the top 50 industrial distributors
- 5 of the top 9 brewers