PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - Aug 16, 2016) -
- Rubrik's total funding now over $112 million in short 30 months since inception.
- Explosive business growth fueled by record customer adoption, including numerous Fortune 500 companies.
- Funding accelerates disruption of $48 billion legacy data management market by the cloud data management pioneer.
Rubrik, the leader in converged data management, today announced a $61 million Series C investment led by Khosla Ventures with heavy participation from existing investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Greylock Partners and angel investors.
Additionally, Rubrik today announced the world's first Cloud Data Management platform designed to protect, manage and secure data everywhere for hybrid cloud enterprises. This new funding round, which brings Rubrik's total financing to over $112 million since inception, provides a large war chest to continue rapidly scaling sales, marketing, support, and engineering to bring the benefits of cloud data management to every organization around the globe.
"As data centers are re-imagined for cloud, there's a universal need for a data management platform that can orchestrate data anywhere -- across private and public clouds. Just as Sun Microsystems ushered an era of client-server computing, Rubrik pioneers a cloud data management architecture that will fundamentally transform how enterprises manage and access their application data," explains Vinod Khosla, founder of Khosla Ventures. "Rubrik's swift rise and unparalleled momentum demonstrate a massive market opportunity for such a cloud-enabled transformation."
"With organizations increasingly looking to leverage public cloud, Rubrik delivers the killer application to democratize public cloud for enterprises with an easy button to protect, manage, and secure data everywhere," says co-founder and CEO Bipul Sinha. "Our Firefly release will further accelerate cloud adoption in enterprises, and cement cloud data management as an industry standard practice."
Record Business Momentum
Since releasing the first product, Rubrik has posted record business growth with revenue doubling every quarter.
- Unprecedented Customer Adoption - Enterprise customers across all verticals, including numerous Fortune 500 companies, are adopting Rubrik in record numbers to leverage cloud economics.
- Marquee Go-To-Market Partners - Rubrik's global network of partners comprise over 150 major resellers and distributors to meet cloud data management solution demand around the world.
- Global Presence - Rubrik has expanded international offices and hired leadership teams in EMEA and APJ to respond to fast growing global market demand.
- Technology Partner Ecosystem - Rubrik delivers joint, certified solutions with software and systems innovators such as VMware, Pure Storage, Nutanix, Tintri, Cleversafe, Cloudian, and Scality among others, as well as with cloud service providers such as Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Industry Recognition - Rubrik has received numerous industry acclaims including Gartner Cool Vendor, Virtualization Review Editor's Choice, and CRN Emerging Vendor.
"We are elated by the overwhelming market demand for our innovative data management platform that marries operational simplicity with powerful policy automation and data orchestration engines at cloud scale," adds co-founder and Vice President of Engineering Arvind Jain.
[VIDEO] Vinod Khosla, Mark Leslie, and John Thompson discuss Rubrik and the necessity of cloud data management.
Steve Bunch, Server and Storage Manager, Wabash National
Rubrik has become our trusted data management platform for our mission-critical workloads. We have achieved tremendous hard and operational savings by trading in legacy solutions for a policy-driven approach to easily managing data everywhere - on-premises, at the edge, and in the public cloud.
Dale Foster, Executive Director and General Manager, Promark Technology
Rubrik pioneers a new approach to data management -- from backup and DR to search and analytics -- while delivering game-changing ROI and management simplicity. With Rubrik, our customers can quickly achieve a hybrid cloud model by utilizing public cloud in an efficient, intelligent manner. We are thrilled to partner with Rubrik. The velocity of how Rubrik has penetrated the market is unlike anything we've seen before.
Rubrik Technology Alliance Ecosystem
Matt Kixmoeller, VP of Products, Pure Storage
Pure Storage and Rubrik have teamed to make the all-flash data center simple to deploy and protect. With the launch of Firefly, we together deliver a true hybrid cloud experience, enabling customers to protect their on-prem all-flash infrastructure seamlessly with cloud-based data protection and recovery. Both Pure and Rubrik believe in a next-generation IT stack that delivers the best performance for mission-critical applications, while leveraging the cloud for simplified management and protection.
Deni Connor, Founding Analyst, SSG-NOW
Rubrik establishes a new standard for how hybrid cloud enterprises efficiently deliver data protection, search, analytics, compliance, and copy data management across different locations. The Rubrik Firefly release extends the same hallmark simplicity Rubrik is known for to physical workloads and edge environments. The market traction made by Rubrik in such a short time is reminiscent of how VMware virtualization transformed IT in the early 2000s.
Phil Goodwin, Research Director, Protection, Availability and Recovery, IDC
Organizations need a way to manage data in a hybrid cloud environment. Rubrik's Cloud Data Management platform aims to offer these capabilities across data protection, search, analytics, and copy data management to help maximize savings and agility.
Rubrik has developed the world's first Cloud Data Management platform for data protection, search, analytics, archival and copy data management for hybrid cloud enterprises. Fortune 500 companies use Rubrik to manage data at scale while realizing data-driven services anytime, anywhere. Rubrik has been named to Gartner's Cool Vendors in Storage Technologies, 2016. For more information, visit http://www.rubrik.com and follow @rubrikInc on Twitter.