SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Dec 6, 2012) - The Sage Group in collaboration with the Wall Street Journal today launched Marketers That Matter™, a new award to recognize outstanding marketing executives at the forefront of their field. The only award to recognize senior-level marketing executives for their proven success in a rapidly changing environment, Marketers That Matter™ launches with the support and participation of executives from some of the best brands in the country including Williams-Sonoma, Wells Fargo, LinkedIn, Intuit, Adobe, Jamba Juice, Twitter, VMware, PayPal and others.
"Marketing is transforming at an unprecedented rate shifting the way consumers and companies engage. Much of this transformation has emerged from products and services launched right here in the Bay Area," said The Sage Group CEO, Cara France. "With innovation comes transformation. Exceptional marketers are transforming customer engagement, utilizing big data, and enhancing brand loyalty. They are leveraging new channels, technologies, and platforms to create tangible results for the companies and customers they serve."
Top Executives from Leading Bay Area Companies to Judge
As the role of marketing evolves and becomes even more critical to business success, several brands stand out as leaders. The Marketers that Matter™ judging panel consists of an all-star line-up that includes executives from these prestigious companies and organizations including:
- Adam Bain, President of Global Revenue, Twitter
- Ann Lewnes, Chief Marketing Officer, Adobe
- Becky Saeger, Chief Marketing Officer (former), Charles Schwab & Board of Directors, E*Trade
- Caroline Donahue, Senior Vice President, Chief Marketing and Sales Officer, Intuit
- James D. White, Chief Executive Officer, Jamba Juice
- Jamie Moldafsky, Chief Marketing Officer, Wells Fargo Bank
- Nick Besbeas, Vice President of Marketing, LinkedIn
- Pat Connolly, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Williams-Sonoma
- Ranjana Clark, Senior Vice President, Chief Customer & Marketing Officer, PayPal
- Rick Jackson, Chief Marketing Officer, VMware
- Sheryl O'Loughlin, Executive Director Center for Entrepreneurial Studies, Graduate School of Business, Stanford University
"Marketers of today need to deal with a transforming landscape and a very crowded, noisy marketplace," said Caroline Donohue, Chief Marketing and Sales Officer, Intuit. "The challenge is to create a conversation that resonates with customers and translates into value add for the customer and measurable results for the company."
Categories and Nomination Process
Agencies and companies are encouraged to nominate CMOs or senior marketing executives by January 18, 2013 through the website: www.marketersthatmatter.com. Categories are aligned with today's emerging landscape and a winner will be chosen in each category from a large company and a small company. Categories include:
- B2B Marketing Executive of the Year
- B2C Marketing Executive of the Year
- Customer Engagement Marketer of the Year
- Big Data Marketer of the Year
- Product/Service Marketer of the Year
- Global Integration Marketer of the Year
- New Channels Marketer of the Year
Awards Gala and Winner Recognition
The Marketers That Matter™ award finalists will be announced on March 15, 2013. On April 25, 2013, Bay Area marketing executives and industry leaders will gather to honor the finalists and announce the award winners. The executive networking event of the year celebration will recognize and celebrate the contributions of cutting-edge marketers at the Four Seasons Hotel in Palo Alto.
About The Sage Group
The Sage Group is a firm that provides marketing and business consultants and contractors to leading Bay Area companies. As one of the largest women-owned Bay Area businesses, clients include 50 percent of Silicon Valley's top technology firms, largest banks, and best global brands. For more information, visit www.thesagegroup.com or follow @The_Sage_Group.