JOHNS CREEK, GA--(Marketwire - Jan 31, 2013) - Saia, Inc. (NASDAQ: SAIA) has launched the Saia LTL Freight app. Designed to help shippers keep pace in today's busy work environment, the free app offers users a variety of tracking, scheduling and viewing options -- anytime, anywhere.
- Track shipments via multiple options -- by pro, bill of lading (BOL), shipper, or purchase order number. Any option provides users the same detailed shipment movement history.
- View imaged documents. If a shipper needs proof of delivery or a BOL, they can view these documents after logging into a secure section of the app.
- Generate a quote for a shipment.
- Schedule a pickup from anywhere.
- Select any of the carrier's "Guaranteed Select" service options.
- Contact a variety of Saia LTL Freight personnel simply by selecting any e-mail from the provided contact list or by calling the 800 customer service number.
"The introduction of our app is an exciting milestone for the company," explained Saia Vice President of Marketing and Customer Service Sally Buchholz. "Its launch comes on the heels of our re-designed LTL freight website and brand new corporate website -- both of which are tablet-friendly. As shippers further integrate their mobile devices into their supply chains, it's important they have the tools they need to keep their shipments moving efficiently."
The app is available for the Apple iPhone®, iPod Touch, and the iPad. It is optimized for the iPhone 5 and requires iOS 4.3 or later. An Android™ app is currently in development and will be available for download in March.
About Saia, Inc.
Saia, Inc. (NASDAQ: SAIA) is a $1 billion corporation offering customers a wide range of less-than-truckload, non-asset truckload, and logistic services through three service groups, the primary of which operates 147 terminals in 34 states and is home to the industry-exclusive Customer Service Indicators and Xtreme Guarantee. With headquarters in Georgia, Saia, Inc. employs 8,000 people nationwide. Saia LTL Freight has been recognized by the American Trucking Associations Safety Management Council with first place honors for its outstanding safety record. For more information on Saia, Inc. or any of the service groups, visit www.saiacorp.com.