SAINT-PRIME, QUEBEC--(Marketwired - May 14, 2014) - Department of Canadian Heritage
The Honourable Denis Lebel, Minister of Infrastructure, Communities and Intergovernmental Affairs, Minister of the Economic Development Agency of Canada for the Regions of Quebec, and Member of Parliament (Roberval-Lac-Saint-Jean), today announced $72,800 in funding to help the Municipality of Saint-Prime celebrate the 150th anniversary of its founding. He made this announcement on behalf of the Honourable Shelly Glover, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages.
This funding, provided by the Government of Canada under the Building Communities Through Arts and Heritage program's Community Anniversaries component, will help the municipality offer the public a wide range of music performances, homecoming events and other activities throughout the year.
- The commemorations of this municipality of nearly 3,000 residents will feature the work of more than 70 local artists and heritage performers.
- Nearly 21,000 people will be invited to attend the festivities, which will be supported by some 100 volunteers.
- The Municipality of Saint-Prime derives its name from its first parish priest, Father Prime Girard.
"The Government of Canada is pleased to be associated with the 150th anniversary of the Municipality of Saint-Prime, which will provide an occasion for all Saint-Prime residents to showcase their talent and know-how in a festive atmosphere."
- The Honourable Shelly Glover, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages
"I am delighted to see how committed Saint-Prime residents are to celebrating the origins of this proud and unique community. I wish to thank the Organizing Committee for this great celebration!"
- The Honourable Denis Lebel, Minister of Infrastructure, Communities and Intergovernmental Affairs, Minister of the Economic Development Agency of Canada for the Regions of Quebec, and Member of Parliament (Roberval- Lac-Saint-Jean)
"We are very pleased to have received financial support from Canadian Heritage to undertake the festivities and commemorations. We expect that the local community will actively participate in all upcoming events."
- Carol Lamontagne, President of the 150th Anniversary of Saint-Prime Organizing Committee
Municipality of Saint-Prime (French only)
Building Communities through Arts and Heritage
Community Anniversaries component
Follow us on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and Flickr.