MONTREAL, QC--(Marketwired - Dec 14, 2016) - Salesfloor, a retail technology platform that enables customers to shop online with their local store and associate, today announced its holiday outlook following strong performance metrics. Results include data from the U.S. Thanksgiving weekend, starting Black Friday, until November 30. Salesfloor's platform is used by retailers across the Apparel, Beauty, Toys and Baby categories, including Saks Fifth Avenue, Macy's, Lord & Taylor, Kiehl's and Toys "R" Us.
Over 8,000 retail associates using the Salesfloor platform to serve customers online through chat, marketing and connect tools achieved unprecedented results during the initial holiday period, including:
1. Increased conversions and sales
- 28 percent year-over-year increase in online conversion rates.
- 18 percent year-over-year increase in average sales volume.
- 68 percent year-over year increase in sales per average user.
2. Growth in shopper requests for help from online associates
- Number of requests grew by 18 percent year-over-year per user.
- Number of visits grew 54 percent year-over-year per user.
3. New customer acquisitions
- Associates on the platform saw an 18 percent lift in new customers that purchased when compared to associates not using Salesfloor.
- For every $10 sold online by associates leveraging Salesfloor, $4 in sales was driven in-store.
- New customer acquisitions increased by 42 percent.
"It's amazing to see the impact our clients are seeing when they use Salesfloor to connect online shoppers with store associates, especially on the most popular shopping days of the year," said Oscar Sachs, co-founder and CEO of Salesfloor. "The holidays are a critical time to connect with first-time buyers, and our data shows that retailers who are able to integrate their associates online are differentiating their service offering, closing the gap between shopping online and in-store to encourage repeat purchases, and driving real, bottom-line results."
The company recently released its 2016 Omnichannel Retail Associate Study that found while 87 percent of shoppers are influenced by associates, more than half of shoppers feel that service is lacking when they shop online. Retailers use Salesfloor to empower their sales associates to become "omnichannel associates" and market directly to local shoppers, so they can provide more personalized service online.
For more information about Salesfloor, visit www.salesfloor.net.
Founded in 2013 by Oscar Sachs and Ben Rodier, Salesfloor (www.salesfloor.net) was created to address the significant void in service that shoppers experience when using a retailer's website to shop compared to when shopping in store. With Salesfloor, customers can shop online directly with the store or local sales associate, and benefit from the same high-quality experience online as they receive in store. Salesfloor currently operates from New York, Montreal and London with a team of retail executives and technologists.