SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Jan 27, 2014) - Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
SaskTel wanted to deploy a single IP multimedia subsystem (IMS) network core to support its transition to an all-IP infrastructure and better support next-generation communications solutions for its more than one million wireless and wireline customers. The company selected Oracle Communications Unified Session Manager to deliver the single IMS core and help secure its network borders.
- Today, Oracle announced that SaskTel -- a leading full service communications service provider (CSP) in Canada's Saskatchewan province -- has selected Oracle Communications Unified Session Manager to deliver a multi-service IMS network core on a single common infrastructure to support next-generation hosted business services.
- As CSPs shift to all-IP infrastructures, services like voice over LTE (VoLTE) and unified communications help improve competitiveness with traditional and over-the-top service providers. With a multi-service IMS network core, SaskTel can more smoothly transition to these next-generation IP services and rapidly develop new wireless and wireline services and applications for consumer and business customers.
- The Oracle Communications Unified Session Manager will also enable protected communications across IP network borders to help ensure next-generation services are secure and reliable. SaskTel will initially leverage the Oracle solution to roll out hosted businesses services to its enterprise customers, but the company also plans to offer expanded VoLTE, rich communications services, session initiation protocol trunking and consumer voice services on the new network core.
- Oracle Communications Consulting was also selected to implement the solution, and will help test and support the solution's interoperability with multiple vendors for various hosted services on the single network core.
- "As we transition to an all-IP environment, it was important for us to consolidate our infrastructure on a common, compact IMS core to help ensure our business and residential customers receive next-generation services quickly and securely. With Oracle Communications Unified Session Manager, we can deliver trusted real-time communications services across network borders," said Daryl Godfrey, chief technology officer, SaskTel.
- "CSPs are focused on transitioning to IP networks to better support the next-generation communications services customers are demanding. Oracle is pleased to help SaskTel deliver an IMS core that offers the carrier-grade security, interoperability, reliability and service quality required in today's competitive marketplace," said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
About Oracle Communications
Oracle Communications solutions span the communications industry landscape -- from cross-channel customer experience and business and operational support systems, to network service and session delivery and control solutions -- enabling service providers and enterprises to deliver and monetize innovative digital lifestyle services, build strong customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/communications
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.