SOURCE: Colonial Williamsburg
WILLIAMSBURG, VA--(Marketwire - Sep 25, 2012) - Crisp leaves underfoot, cool mornings and value-loaded Fall Packages complete the Colonial Williamsburg experience this season. A top destination for couples, Colonial Williamsburg welcomes travelers to explore its majesty this fall. Savor exclusive 75th anniversary dining opportunities and "Wine, Wit & Wisdom," a wine-tasting series featuring artisan cheeses and chocolates; hear the resounding booms of muskets and cannons; breathe in the smell of freshly mown grass during peak golf season; and learn what it means to be an American in the Revolutionary City.
The Autumn Senses Package invites guests to follow their noses to Governor's Palace Kitchen or listen to the stories of the country's founders and the spooky tales of colonial life after dark. Along the way, indulge in culinary delights from the resort restaurants or any of the taverns. Spend three days and two nights at $81 per person, per night, including:
- Nightly accommodations at the Williamsburg Woodlands Hotel & Suites;
- Daily breakfast (including gratuity);
- Length-of-stay tickets for Colonial Williamsburg's Revolutionary City and Art Museums;
- Evening Ghost Tour tickets;
- A $100 activities card that may be applied toward the Golden Horseshoe Golf Club, The Spa of Colonial Williamsburg, dining in Colonial Williamsburg's taverns or restaurants, or shopping at an official, on-site Colonial Williamsburg-owned store.
Pricing is based on a two-night stay at the Williamsburg Lodge in a superior guest room for two adults with Sunday-Wednesday arrival. Pricing varies with room type and arrival date. The package is available through November 25.
Those looking to hit the links need look no further than the Golf Stay and Play package, featuring nightly rounds of golf on world-renowned courses. Guests can further enhance their experience with Birdies and BBQ, indulging in southern favorites with savory smoked barbecue at the Huzzah! BBQ Grille, unique regional beer and more. Starting at $174 per person, per night the 3 day/2 night package includes:
- Nightly accommodation at the Williamsburg Woodlands;
- One round of golf per night per golfer;
- Complimentary club rentals, cleaning and storage;
- Discounted rate for a Golf Ball Massage at The Spa, with golf round receipt;
- Unlimited range balls at the driving range;
- Complimentary replay round
The package is available through November 20, 2012.
For families, the Autumn Bounce Package offers the perfect opportunity to escape together. Explore "Fashion Accessories: From Head to Toe" to get a taste of 17th-century haute couture at the Art Museums or catch a whiff of gunpowder from the Anderson Blacksmith Shop & Public Armoury. Starting at $323 per night for a family of four, this three-day, two-night package includes:
- Nightly accommodations at the Williamsburg Woodlands;
- Admission to Colonial Williamsburg's Historic Area and Art Museums;
- Admission to Busch Gardens
Package pricing is based on a three-night stay in a standard guest room for two adults and two children (ages 6-12) with Sunday-Wednesday arrival. Pricing varies with room type and arrival date. Admission to Busch Gardens is contingent upon the park schedule. The package is available from August 31 through October 28.
Colonial Williamsburg's seasonal packages make Williamsburg the ideal destination for an affordable getaway. Always engaging and entertaining, Colonial Williamsburg's innovative programming, exhibitions and recreation make it easy and inviting for guests to be part of the story this fall.
The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation is an interactive not-for-profit educational institution and cultural destination dedicated to the preservation, restoration, interpretation, and presentation of 18th-century Williamsburg, VA. The Foundation's mission "that the future may learn from the past" extends from within the Historic Area to the first-class Colonial Williamsburg Hotels experience to lecture series in and out of Williamsburg. With the award-winning Revolutionary City®, Colonial Williamsburg demonstrates its undertaking to expand its thought-provoking programming as well as its dedication to cultural and historical authenticity. Guests are invited to be part of the story as they enjoy: educational and entertaining programming in the Historic Area and at the Colonial Williamsburg Art Museums; the WILLIAMSBURG brand and shopping experience, offering a variety of home products inspired by the destination; The Spa of Colonial Williamsburg; the Golden Horseshoe Golf Club; fine dining; and the Colonial Williamsburg Hotels.
- Be part of the story at colonialwilliamsburg.com -