MISSION, KS--(Marketwire - Jan 17, 2013) - (Family Features) Everyone knows the start of the New Year is a time for resolutions, when millions of people commit to getting active, working out and living an overall healthier lifestyle. Yet statistics suggest more than half give up their resolutions within the first few months.
According to celebrity fitness trainer Jackie Warner, author of "10 Pounds in 10 Days," making positive life changes and working up a good sweat can be simple and easy to stick to all year long.
Here are some "no excuses" tips to help you say "yes" to sweat and build the confidence you need to achieve your fitness goals:
- Create a training log. Write down your workout before you go to the gym. Make note of the exercises that made you feel sore, so you can be sure to do them again.
- Set realistic, easy to achieve daily fitness goals. Commit to drinking 3 liters of water every day. It speeds up your metabolism by as much as 33 percent. Doing this, rather than being a slave to the scale, helps you keep your focus on developing healthy lifestyle habits. Achieving these short-term goals can lead to positive life changes that will be easy to stick to in the long term.
- Make workouts fun. Incorporate something you've always wanted to do, like learning how to box or dance. Or put together a great music playlist to inspire you.
- When it comes to cardio, don't be afraid to sweat. Chase the burn. Don't run from it. Unless you have a heart condition, your cardio should be intense enough to feel your muscles burning. If you are not breaking a sweat in your cardio routine, raise the ramp or increase your speed for better results.
- Don't starve yourself. Long-term deprivation turns your body into a sluggish, fat-storing machine. Eat five small healthy, nutrient-rich meals per day and drink plenty of water in order to help keep your blood sugar levels even and have enough energy to enjoy an effective workout at the gym.
- Take good care of your workout gear. After your workout, make sure you use a top performance laundry detergent, such as Wisk Deep Clean, that goes beyond visible stains and attacks the hidden body oils and sweat that can get trapped within the fiber of your clothes and build up over time. You'll be fresh, clean and ready to go tomorrow -- no excuses.
- Keep a positive mindset and be patient. Don't expect miracles overnight. Most people don't see results for six to eight weeks. Small achievements will equal big success if you stick with it.
Working up a good sweat can help you feel better and live better. Warner recently partnered with Wisk to launch the "Work it, Wisk it" campaign and challenge people nationwide to get the sweat in -- and out -- of their clothes. You can take the first steps toward saying "yes" to sweat, and get more fitness tips and tools, by visiting www.facebook.com/wisk.
About Family Features Editorial Syndicate
This and other food and lifestyle content can be found at www.editors.familyfeatures.com. Family Features is a leading provider of free food and lifestyle content for use in print and online publications. Register with no obligation to access a variety of formatted and unformatted features, accompanying photos, and automatically updating Web content solutions.