LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwired - October 13, 2016) - Broadband World Forum - David Baum, CEO and Co-Founder of Sckipio Technologies, will take part in an interactive discussion about G.fast deployment strategies and results at Broadband World Forum. The conference, which runs from October 18-20, 2016 in London, is one of the world's largest telecommunications, media and technology events drawing more than 7,800 senior executives from around the world.
Joining Mr. Baum in the panel presentation are G.fast experts: ADTRAN's Werner Heinrich, KT's Hyung Jin Park, Orange's Hubert Mariotte, Eircom's David Renehan, Swisscom's Oliver Lamparter and Open Reach's Peter Bell. The esteemed panel will discuss:
- Key considerations and challenges in deploying fibre-to-the-distribution point (FTTdp) for fixed broadband rollout strategies, and will answer the following questions:
- What are the cost implications of upgrading FTTB and FTTS connections to FTTdp for G.fast?
- What are the remaining challenges to large scale G.fast deployments?
- What have been the performance results and what is the real-world service potential?
- Session Date/Time: October 19, 2016, 3:00 pm GMT
- Stream: Next Generation Access Networks
In addition, Sckipio made a series of "world's first" G.fast announcements this week and will demonstrate these new solutions at Broadband World Forum Stand D20:
The company will also demonstrate the world's first cascading G.fast distribution point units that will allow for a smooth migration from one 16 or 24 port DPU up to 96 ports or more without the need for an expensive external vectoring engine or proprietary chassis.
Sckipio is also on the shortlist for Best Fixed Broadband Innovation for the Broadband Awards 2016. The winners and highly commended entries for the prestigious awards will be announced on Wednesday, October 19.
Sckipio, the leader in G.fast, develops award-winning, standards-compliant G.fast modems used to enable ultra-broadband access and mobile backhaul. Sckipio partners with more than 30 companies globally on G.fast and is one of the leading contributors to the ITU-T standard. For more information about Sckipio, visit our website at www.sckipio.com. For more information, follow us on LinkedIn, SlideShare, and Twitter @SckipioTech.