SOURCE: Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival
MIAMI BEACH, FL--(Marketwire - Dec 18, 2012) - Make your last minute holiday shopping easy and delight your favorite foodie or wine aficionado this holiday season with tickets to the 2013 Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival presented by FOOD & WINE. Known for bringing everyone's favorite celebrity chefs, culinary personalities, winemakers, and spirit producers together for the ultimate gourmet beach bash, the Festival still has tickets available to marquee events sure please every palate this season!
- For the whole family: Florida Blue presents Fun and Fit as a Family sponsored by Carnival featuring Kellogg's Kidz Kitchen (February 23 & 24). The Festival's family-oriented program at Jungle Island is the perfect blend of education and fun for parents and their children during the Festival weekend. It features star-studded healthy culinary demonstrations in the Kellogg's Kidz Kitchen from Reed Alexander & Lorena Garcia, Giada De Laurentiis, Rocco DiSpirito, Robert Irvine, Aarón Sanchez, and Andrew Zimmern; plus interactive Whole Foods Market Food Labs from Reed Alexander, Sunny Anderson, Hedy Goldsmith, Jeff Mauro and more! The event will also include physical fitness activities, healthy food samplings, and a sustainable garden.
- For the night owl: Moët Hennessey's The Q After Dark with Special Guest Chef Curtis Stone (February 21). Celebrity chef and television personality Curtis Stone is hosting the ultimate after party beachside at the Delano, accompanied by flutes of Moët & Chandon Champagne as well as concoctions from Belvedere Vodka, Hennessy Cognac, Grand Marnier, and 10 Cane rum. A special theatrical performance by Mansion Nightclub's renowned Cirque du Mansion will top off the evening!
- For the wine enthusiast: Fontainebleau Miami Beach presents Wine Spectator's Best of the Best sponsored by Bank of America (February 22). Enjoy tastings from more than 80 wineries pouring their best selections rated 90 points or higher by Wine Spectator, accompanied by world-class creations from 45 renowned chefs from across the country. One of the Festival's most elegant events, the proprietors or winemakers along with the celebrated chefs will be present to ensure guests' taste buds remain delighted throughout the evening.
- For the Southern Belle: Southern Kitchen Brunch hosted by Trisha Yearwood: Part of The New York Times Series (February 24). Join Grammy-Award winning artist and host of the hit Food Network show Southern Kitchen Trisha Yearwood at the Loews Miami Beach, where she's rounded up some of her favorite chefs for the ultimate comfort food brunch. Sip on Belvedere Lemon Tea lemonade or a flute of Chandon while you enjoy culinary creations from Hugh Acheson, Chris Barbato, Jeni Britton Bauer, G Garvin, Howie Kleinberg, Art Smith, and Kris Wessel.
- For that person who wants it all: Whole Foods Market Grand Tasting Village (February 24). Our signature white tents at 13th & Ocean Drive house an array of cuisine from the finest chefs and a variety of wines and spirits under the MasterCard® Grand Tasting Tents -- more than enough to keep you entertained and inspired for the whole day! If that isn't enough, Food Network personalities Sunny Anderson, Paula Deen, Guy Fieri, Bobby Flay, Robert Irvine, Michael Symon, and more will be appearing on the KitchenAid Culinary Demonstration Stages, along with a very special demonstration from renowned chef José Andrés conducted entirely in Spanish. Looking for an up-close-and-personal experience? Upgrade to the MasterCard Priceless® Demo Pass for reserved seating -- available in limited quantities for MasterCard® cardholders.
- For the rock 'n roll fanatic: Guy Fieri's Roadshow & Reggae with Ziggy Marley Featuring Cuisine Of The Sun By Ortanique and Friends, The Official Festival Closing Party (February 24). Close out the Festival weekend at with Food Network culinary rockstar Guy Fieri and reggae legend Ziggy Marley, as Marley introduces his new line of Ziggy Marley Organics healthy food products and plays his signature music for the crowd. Enjoy authentic Jamaican cuisine straight from the islands from Gariel Ferguson and Anna Kay Tomlinson, plus fare from Timon Balloo, George Hirsch, Cindy Hutson, Luis Pous, and Delius Shirley. Dance the night away while sipping on inspirations from Amstel Light, Jägermeister, SVEDKA Colada, and more!
The 12th annual edition of America's favorite wine and culinary extravaganza will take place February 21 - 24, 2013 and benefits the Florida International University (FIU) Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management and the Southern Wine & Spirits Beverage Management Center.
Pricing information and tickets to these events and more are available online at www.sobefest.com or by calling 877.762.3933. Stay up-to-date with the excitement by following the Festival at www.Facebook.com/SOBEWFF or follow founder and director Lee Brian Schrager at www.twitter.com/Lee_Schrager.
About the Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival presented by FOOD & WINE
All proceeds from the Festival benefit the students of the Florida International University Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management who also assist Festival organizers with sponsorship fulfillment, restaurant and exhibitor recruitment, logistics, and inventory as well as working alongside some of the world's greatest celebrity chefs and winemakers.
The Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival presented by FOOD & WINE is produced by Florida International University and Southern Wine & Spirits of Florida with the support of the Miami Beach Visitors & Convention Authority and the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs. For more information about the Festival, visit www.sobefest.com or call 877-762-3933. For more information about Florida International University visit www.fiu.edu, for the School of Hospitality and Tourism Management visit www.hospitality.fiu.edu and for more information about Southern Wine & Spirits visit www.southernwine.com.