OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - March 6, 2014) - The SD Natural Gas Fund, a collaboration between the Government of Canada - through Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) - and the Canadian Gas Association (CGA), is now accepting applications until April 16.
The fund seeks to support technologies with the following applications:
- Residential (small-scale affordable combined heat and power units, ultra-efficient water heaters, technologies that improve the efficiency of residential heating and/or cooling);
- Commercial (technologies that improve the efficiency of heating systems, measurement and data management to better control natural gas consumption, natural gas cooling systems);
- Industrial (higher-efficiency industrial heating equipment, CO2 capture systems, less energy-intensive hydrogen production);
- Power generation (higher-efficiency power generation, emissions control technologies, natural gas storage solutions for remote locations);
- Transportation (more efficient and lower emission natural gas engines, alternative natural gas engines, lower-cost solutions); and,
- Renewable natural gas (technologies that improve cleanup economics, cost-effective small-scale anaerobic digesters).
The fund was announced last week by Natural Resources Minister Joe Oliver.
For more information, please see: http://www.sdtc.ca/index.php?page=sd-natural-gas-fund&hl=en_CA.
- The SD Natural Gas Fund brings together contributions from Canadian Gas Association members through their Energy Technology Innovation Canada Initiative to match contributions from SDTC's SD Tech Fund™, up to a combined total of $30 million over three years
- SDTC supports cleantech as a driver of jobs, productivity and economic prosperity through funding aimed at the development and demonstration of innovative technological solutions.
- CGA is the voice of Canada's natural gas distribution industry and its members are distribution companies, transmission companies, equipment manufacturers and other service providers.
"The SD Natural Gas Fund is a fine example of making the most of the opportunity to work closely with industrial partners. Thanks to our collaboration with the Canadian Gas Association, we are able to state and then support those tailored solutions that the industry is looking for. We thank CGA for working with us on this initiative, and look forward to shepherding those technologies to market together."
- Vicky Sharpe, President and CEO, SDTC
"Natural gas is an affordable and clean energy solution for Canadian consumers. The Canadian Gas Association and natural gas utilities across Canada see this collaboration with the Government of Canada, through SDTC, as an exciting opportunity to further drive the commercialization of even more innovative applications for natural gas."
- Timothy M. Egan, President and CEO, CGA
Sustainable Development Technology Canada: www.sdtc.ca.
Canadian Gas Association: www.cga.ca