SOURCE: Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating
OTTAWA, IL--(Marketwired - May 05, 2014) - Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating (SSHE), the premier freshly prepared meal replacement company in the country, is pleased to announce its Seattle Sutton's 2014 Slim Down contestants have lost a total of 467 pounds in 15 weeks and improved their overall health.
The 10 contestants not only lost weight, improved their health, but also the top three finishers won some amazing prizes in the process of this life changing journey.
The first-place winner is Sue Kiefer from Crown Point, Ind., who lost a total of 58.4 pounds and 32.09 percent of her body weight. She also lowered her blood pressure from 124/89 to 121/82. Sue and a guest will be heading on a trip for two to Riu Palace Riviera Maya in Maya Riviera, Mexico courtesy of Apple Vacations and Riu Resorts.
The second-place winner is Tim Kreke from Crown Point, Ind., who lost a total of 80.2 pounds and 30.38 percent of his body weight. He also reduced his blood pressure from 174/97 to 140/76, and his total cholesterol dropped 52 points along with his triglycerides went from 118 to 43. Tim is $1,000 richer thanks to Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating.
The third-place winner is Michael Perez from Munster, Ind., who lost a total of 72.2 pounds and 28.20 percent of his body weight. He lowered his blood pressure from 130/94 to 100/79, and his total cholesterol went from 237 to 174 along with his LDL dropped from 184 to 99. Michael and a guest will be pampered with a Couples' Serendipity Spa Package at The Retreat at Serendipity Province Spa.
Contestants also had blood work completed at no cost, courtesy of IN THE FIELD Health Services, once at the beginning of the contest and once at the end, to measure fasting blood sugar, total cholesterol and triglycerides, as well as had their blood pressure recorded. Contestants weighed in each week at their Lake and Porter Counties' distributor locations when they picked up their SSHE meals. Contestants were closely monitored each week when they picked up their SSHE meals at their nearest distributor location.
"I'm overjoyed for our 10 contestants, not just because of their weight loss but also for their regained health. Regaining good health is not easy, but now that it has been achieved I hope it will set forth a new, healthier lifestyle that they embrace and enjoy for years to come," said Seattle Sutton, RN, BSN, Founder of Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating.
The other contestants also had wonderful results:
- Linda Adams, 46, of Crown Point, Ind., lost a total of 22.8 pounds and 11.13 percent of her body weight. Her total cholesterol went from 218 to 135 and her blood pressure dropped from 118/105 to 105/71.
- Michael Adams, 52, of Crown Point, Ind., lost a total of 43.4 pounds and 17.57 percent of his body weight. His total cholesterol dropped from 239 to 165, triglycerides from 262 to 129 and his blood pressure went from 151/100 to 131/83.
- Maureen Anleitner, 60, of Chesterton, Ind., lost a total of 21.8 pounds and 9.69 percent of her body weight. Her blood pressure dropped from 153/105 to 130/93, fasting blood sugar was lowered from 96 to 88 and total cholesterol was reduced from 220 to 188.
- Rebekah Cowan, 50, of Valparaiso, Ind., lost a total of 33.4 pounds and 18.45 percent of her body weight. Her blood pressure was reduced from 145/94 to 142/85, total cholesterol dropped from 190 to 124 and her triglycerides went from 118 to 53.
- Jessica Mignard, 31, of Valparaiso, Ind., lost a total of 46.4 pounds and 23.6 percent of her body weight. Her total cholesterol was lowered from 168 to 134 and her blood pressure went from 132/82 to 111/76.
- Lon Saloman, 45, of Valparaiso, Ind., lost a total of 54.6 pounds and 20.3 percent of his body weight. His total cholesterol was lowered from 201 to 117, triglycerides went from 227 to 79 and blood pressure dropped from 142/108 to 132/80.
- Annette Walker, 57, of Gary, Ind., lost a total of 33.4 pounds and 14.21 percent of her body weight. Her total cholesterol was lowered from 187 to 142 and her blood pressure went from 138/93 to 126/75.
About Seattle Sutton's 2014 Slim Down
Seattle Sutton's 2014 Slim Down Contest for Lake and Porter Counties in Indiana is a 15-week weight loss contest that ran from January 13 through April 28, 2014. SSHE provided the contestants with the 1,200-calorie SSHE freshly prepared meal plan to eat. Meals included in the contest were every breakfast, lunch and dinner for the contestants, a total of 315 meals in all, for the entire contest. The contest is sponsored by Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating in cooperation with Apple Vacations and Riu Palace Riviera Maya, The Retreat at Serendipity Province Spa and IN THE FIELD Health Services.
Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating (SSHE), the premier meal replacement company in the country, is scientifically designed and taste-tested. Founded by Seattle Sutton, RN, BSN, in 1985, SSHE helps to address patients' desire to lose weight and improve overall health. Seattle Sutton's dedication to health continues today, since all SSHE menus are analyzed on an ongoing basis and adhere to recommended dietary guidelines. SSHE prepares thousands of fresh meals weekly and its innovative approach has helped thousands of people achieve and maintain weight loss without planning, shopping or cooking for themselves. For more information, seattlesutton.com or 1-800-442-DIET (3438). You can also find us on Facebook: facebook.com/SeattleSuttons and Twitter: Twitter.com/SeattleSutton.
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2014/5/3/11G015276/Images/SSHE_2014_Slim_Down_Contest_Group_Photo_After-546fee57-2071-4e31-9464-742b7023b06a.jpg