SAN MATEO, CA--(Marketwire - Jul 24, 2012) - Selectica, Inc. (NASDAQ: SLTC), provider of software that accelerates sales cycles and streamlines the contract process, today announced the availability of Selectica Guided Selling for Salesforce on Force.com, salesforce.com's social enterprise cloud platform for building employee-facing social apps. The application brings the proven benefits of Selectica sales configuration technology to the cloud and makes them available to organizations with revenues of $100 million to several billion dollars. Selectica Guided Selling for Salesforce is available immediately on salesforce.com's AppExchange.
Comments on the News
- "We couldn't be more excited to introduce Salesforce customers to Selectica Guided Selling," said Kamal Ahluwalia, Chief Strategy Officer at Selectica. "Now sales teams in companies of all sizes can access our proven sales configuration technology in the application where they work everyday. By helping salespeople custom-build deals easily and get quotes in front of prospects much more quickly, Selectica Guided Selling for Salesforce makes organizations more competitive and streamlines the path from opportunity to revenue."
- "Selectica Guided Selling for Salesforce is the type of application that delivers on the promise of Force.com," said Ron Huddleston, Senior Vice President of Alliances at salesforce.com. "The app gets innovative, complementary functionality into the hands of Salesforce users, and it showcases the power of Force.com as a platform for making enterprise-grade technology available to a much wider range of companies."
The Power of Social, Mobile, and Open
By making it easy to custom-build the perfect deal every time, Selectica Guided Selling for Salesforce helps organizations meet the needs of prospects and customers who expect immediate, personalized service in today's social, mobile era. The system's patented constraint-based engine ensures that salespeople and channel partners propose only valid product and service combinations, confirms that those proposals are always priced correctly, and enables sales teams to reduce quoting time from days to mere minutes. The application makes it easy for companies to define the rules that guide pricing, bundling, and discounting; ensure that the right rules are seen by the right people; configure products and deals using a step-by-step selection wizard within the Salesforce environment; identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities; generate accurate proposals more quickly; request, update, and track contracts from within Salesforce; share data seamlessly across quotes, proposals, and contracts; and close deals faster. Along the way, teams can use Chatter to collaborate on quotes.
Product Key Features
- Access to approved pricing, packaging, and product information in the familiar Salesforce environment
- Ability to configure, price, and quote deals without leaving salesforce.com
- Ability to create multiple quotes per opportunity
- Chatter integration for collaboration on individual quotes
- Fully customizable proposal documents that can be sent directly from the application
- Selectica Playbook constraint-based modeling interface for entering and updating sales strategies
- Ability to specify product catalogs that include complete information about product structures, groupings, SKUs, discounts, pricing rules, packages, and configuration rules
- A declarative constraint-based engine that can manage extremely complex information while using dramatically less code than rule-based engines
- Easy-to-construct needs analysis questions to enable recommendation of products, services, and bundles that match customer requirements
- Ability to configure deals through a user-friendly, step-by-step product and service selection wizard or by searching a product catalog
- Customizable "smart messaging" to guide salespeople through specific sales scenarios
- Automated quote generation
- Quote tracking for insight into upsell opportunities
- Line item configurability
- Parallel, serial, and conditional approval workflows
- Ability to request, update, and track contracts from within Salesforce
- Seamless data integration and process unification across quotes, proposals, and contracts
Selectica Guided Selling for Salesforce is available immediately on salesforce.com's AppExchange.
About the Force.com Platform and AppExchange
Force.com is the trusted social enterprise platform for building and running any employee app in the cloud. Force.com powers the Salesforce CRM apps, the more than 200,000 custom apps used by salesforce.com customers such as Japan Post, Kaiser Permanente, KONE, and Sprint Nextel and the more than 1,300 ISV apps built by partners such as BMC, FinancialForce.com, and Fujitsu.
Enterprise apps built on the Force.com platform can be easily distributed and marketed through the salesforce.com AppExchange http://www.salesforce.com/appexchange/.
The salesforce.com social enterprise platform delivers the most trusted and comprehensive cloud technologies for social, mobile and open apps. It includes Force.com, the cloud platform for employee apps, Heroku, the cloud platform for customer apps, and Database.com, the cloud database to integrate the social enterprise.
Salesforce, Social Enterprise, Dreamforce, Force.com, Heroku, AppExchange, Database.com, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc.
About Selectica, Inc.
Selectica (NASDAQ: SLTC) develops innovative software that the world's most successful companies rely on to improve the effectiveness of their sales and contracting processes. Our guided selling, sales configuration, and contract lifecycle management solutions support the Global 2000 and growing mid-size firms in closing billions of dollars' worth of business each year. Our patented technology, delivered through the cloud, makes it easy for customers in industries like high-tech, telecommunications, manufacturing, healthcare, financial services, and government contracting to overcome product and channel complexity, increase deal value, and accelerate time to revenue. For more information, visit www.selectica.com.
Certain statements in this release and elsewhere by Selectica are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws and the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements may include, without limitation, statements regarding business outlook, assessment of market conditions, anticipated financial and operating results, strategies, future plans, contingencies and contemplated transactions of the company. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause or contribute to actual results of company operations, or the performance or achievements of the company or industry results, to differ materially from those expressed, or implied by the forward-looking statements. In addition to any such risks, uncertainties and other factors discussed elsewhere herein, risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause or contribute to actual results differing materially from those expressed or implied for the forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to the on-going global recession; fluctuations in demand for Selectica's products and services; government policies and regulations, including, but not limited to those affecting the company's industry; and risks related to the company's past stock granting policies and related restatement of financial statements. Selectica undertakes no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Additional risk factors concerning the company can be found in the company's most recent Form 10-K, filed by the company with the Securities and Exchange Commission.