ATLANTA, GA--(Marketwire - Jan 30, 2013) - Selecting from a record number of applicants for the 2013 Conference, the Southeastern Medical Device Association (SEMDA) has chosen 20 outstanding companies to present to investors. The companies include Series B, early revenue and emerging companies, all with compelling technologies and services that have the potential to bring value to the Southeast job market and benefit the global patient population.
This is the first year that medical device data system (MDDS) companies have been included in the SEMDA Conference. Seed, angel and venture capital investors, private equity and large corporations are expected to attend.
The seventh annual SEMDA Conference will be held on February 19-20, 2013, at the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center in Atlanta. Recognized as the premier gathering for the Southeast medical device industry, the Conference includes presentations to investors with programs, 1:1 partnering and networking opportunities. Program speakers and panelists include executives from multinational medical device companies, the FDA and acclaimed specialists.
The exciting, diverse companies chosen by SEMDA to present are:
- Azalea Health Innovations, Inc., www.azaleahealth.com
- Oncoscope, Inc., www.oncoscope.com
- CCB Research Group, www.ccbresearchgroup.com
- FusionHealth®, www.fusionhealth.com
- Transfusion & Transplantation Technologies LLC (3Ti), www.3tibio.com
- Ascendx Spine™, Inc., www.ascendxspine.com
- CreatiVasc Medical, www.creativasc.com
- Dynamic Optotype™ (Dyop™), www.dyop.org
- Innova Medical Technologies, Inc., www.innovamedecp.com
- IPG, www.ipg.com
- Medalogix, www.medalogix.com
- MedTrac LLC, www.mdllc.org
- MyCROsite, www.mycrositepcs.com
- NoLifting Mobility, www.nolifting.com
- OBMedical Company, www.obmedco.com
- OneCare, LLC, www.onecare.me
- Pathfinder Therapeutics, Inc., www.pathsurg.com
- Randall Surgical Corporation, www.randallsurgical.com
- REACH3D, www.reach3d.net
- Urova Medical Inc., www.urovamed.com
"I commend the outstanding work of the Presenting Company Committee chaired by Angela Sinton and co-chaired by Miles Hall," said Charlie Harrison, SEMDA's 2012-2013 President. "The roster of applicants was so strong that we added an extra session this year. This is the best, most diverse line-up of companies we've ever had, ranging from emerging stage to those seeking Series B funding."
Each accepted company will have a mentoring team of industry experts that includes an investor and a CEO, plus experts in legal, commercialization and finance.
A new addition to this year's program is the "Presenting Company in the SpotLight" award for the company chosen as the best of conference. The winner will be chosen by an independent panel of judges and announced at the end of the conference.
The Southeastern Medical Device Association (SEMDA) is a non-profit trade association that supports and promotes medical device companies in the Southeast. Created in 2004, the association provides a unique resource and networking opportunity for medical device and MDDS companies, inventors, physicians, and investors interested in accelerating the growth of the medical device industry in the Southeast. Through quarterly meetings, as well as its highly regarded annual Conference, SEMDA meets the needs of members of the medical device community. Learn more at www.semda.net.