MEMPHIS, TN--(Marketwired - August 20, 2014) - ServiceMaster Global Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SERV), a leading provider of essential residential and commercial services, announced that more than a thousand of its employees will undertake simultaneous volunteer efforts across the country in celebration of the company's second annual We Serve Day on Friday, August 22.
Employees from all ServiceMaster business units will engage in community projects in cities and town across the United States, including Memphis, Tenn.; Dallas, Texas; Phoenix, Ariz.; Tampa, Fla.; Carroll, Iowa; Cross Plains, Wis.; LaGrange, Ga.; and Norcross, Ga.
"At ServiceMaster, service is more than just a responsibility and a commitment to our customers -- it's the heart of our business," said Rob Gillette, ServiceMaster's chief executive officer. "Service is part of our name and community service is one of our most cherished traditions. We Serve Day is an important symbol of living our legacy."
Examples of volunteer service as part of this year's We Serve Day include:
- Joining Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis in a beautification and revitalization effort that will include painting, neighborhood clean up and landscaping
- Putting finishing touches on the new ServiceMaster Family Room at the Le Bonheur Children's Hospital in Memphis and stocking the room with games, toys and arts and crafts for patients and their families
- Operating the hospitality cart and coffee carts at LeBonheur, passing out breakfast and coffee to families, and shampoo, deodorant, toothbrushes and other necessities that out-of-town patients and their families may have left behind
- Painting school rooms, providing new tables, chairs and play equipment for the Carroll Area Child Care Center in Carroll, Iowa
- Helping stock the Ronald McDonald House in Madison, Wis., with cleaning products, puzzles, games, movies and toys
- Assembling 400 care packages for the homeless at the Phoenix Rescue Mission in Phoenix, Ariz.
- Assisting the National Civil Rights Museum staff in moving offices and relocating retail space into the newly renovated Lorraine Motel, the historical civil rights landmark in Memphis
- Baking treats and assembling welcome bags and craft kits for families staying in the Tri-Delta Place while visiting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis
Other efforts include projects to support the Mid-South Food Bank, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Junior Achievement, Tri-Delta Place, Youth Villages and the Kate Bond Middle School, all based in Memphis; the Florence Hand Home, Twin Fountain, Harmony House, Emmaus House LaGrange, West Georgia Health System -- Hospice and LaGrange Personal Aide, all based in Georgia; and Metropolitan Ministries in Tampa.
ServiceMaster Global Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SERV) is a leading provider of essential residential and commercial services, operating through an extensive service network of more than 7,000 company-owned, franchised and licensed locations. The company's portfolio of well-recognized brands includes Terminix (termite and pest control), American Home Shield (home warranties), ServiceMaster Restore (disaster restoration), ServiceMaster Clean (janitorial), Merry Maids (residential cleaning), Furniture Medic (furniture repair) and AmeriSpec (home inspections). The company serves approximately 5 million residential and commercial customers through an employee base of approximately 13,000 company associates and a franchise network that independently employs an estimated 33,000 additional people. The company is headquartered in Memphis, Tenn. Go to www.servicemaster.com for more information about ServiceMaster or follow the company at twitter.com/ServiceMaster or facebook.com/TheServiceMasterCo.
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2014/8/19/11G020218/Images/We_Serve_LOGO-866544717407.JPG