CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwired - June 22, 2016) - Shaw Communications Inc. (TSX:SJR.B)(NYSE:SJR) today announced the launch of its managed network security service, SmartSecurity, an easy-to-manage cloud-based solution designed specifically for the small and medium business (SMB) market. Powered by Cisco® Meraki® and available today, SmartSecurity will give SMBs the ability to protect themselves from a variety of online threats.
"Network security is important to businesses of all sizes, however with more advanced online attacks on the rise, SMBs are looking for more sophisticated security solutions at a price they can afford," said Ron McKenzie, Senior Vice President, Shaw Business. "SmartSecurity provides the vital security resources and technical expertise needed to give customers peace-of-mind as they focus on growing their business."
Cyber-crime is more prevalent today than ever before, and attackers continue to employ an ever-changing arsenal of tools. SmartSecurity gives businesses an easy-to-use, cloud-managed system that helps protect their network from the latest threats at an affordable price.
SmartSecurity product features include:
- Business-grade firewall: Perimeter security to permit or deny network traffic.
- Advanced threat protection: Track and prevent the latest threats with automatic virus updates.
- Content control: Permit or deny access to specific types of web content across a wide variety of categories, including gambling and gaming sites.
- Application control: Set custom network policies for employees and guests by controlling application-based traffic across the network.
- Safeguard remote workers: Remote employees can connect to the office over a secured connection to access the files and applications they need.
- Secure multiple locations: Easily connect offices through a highly secure network connection and share files and content safely.
"Trends like remote working and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) have made the modern workplace more flexible, but also mean that security has never been more critical," said Todd Nightingale, Senior Vice President, Cisco Meraki. "Businesses need to ensure employees are working securely and protecting sensitive data at all times and from all locations. An effective cloud-based solution helps businesses protect against today's advanced security threats by providing proactive threat monitoring to discover and address security issues before they can impact the business."
To learn more about SmartSecurity, visit business.shaw.ca/smartsecurity.
About Shaw Communications
Shaw is a leading pure-play connectivity provider. Shaw serves consumers with broadband Internet, WiFi, video, digital phone and, through WIND Mobile, wireless services. Shaw Business Network Services provides business customers with Internet, data, WiFi, telephony, video and fleet tracking services. Shaw Business Infrastructure Services provides enterprises colocation, cloud and managed services through ViaWest. Shaw is traded on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges and is included in the S&P/TSX 60 Index (TSX:SJR.B)(NYSE:SJR). For more information, please visit www.shaw.ca.