SOURCE: ShopSavvy

November 17, 2011 08:00 ET

ShopSavvy 5 Leads Holiday Mobile Shopping Trend With One-Tap Purchasing at Thousands of Retailers Nationwide

Walmart, Target, Best Buy and Barnes & Noble Are Among Top Retailers Partnering With ShopSavvy to Save Shoppers Money and Time

DALLAS, TX--(Marketwire - Nov 17, 2011) - ShopSavvy, the leading mobile shopping assistant, today released its latest version, ShopSavvy 5, in Apple's App Store and the Android Market. ShopSavvy 5 offers a host of enhanced features for holiday shoppers, including one-tap purchasing for shoppers who want to buy products online from Walmart, Target, Best Buy and other major retailers.

"Mobile commerce will double this year to $6 billion, according to Forrester Research, and ShopSavvy expects to play a big part in this growth by offering convenient in-app purchasing from a rapidly expanding roster of retailers nationwide," said Alexander Muse, founder and CEO of ShopSavvy. "This is a natural extension of what ShopSavvy has always done best -- giving shoppers the tools they need to save money and time, which is never more important than during the busy holiday season."

Since launching in 2008, ShopSavvy has established the largest mobile shopping customer base, with more than 20 million downloads and over 10 million current unique users. With investors including Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin, ShopSavvy brings real-time pricing and product information directly into a consumer's hands.

New and enhanced features in ShopSavvy 5 include:

One-tap shopping. ShopSavvy has expanded its recently introduced one-tap shopping feature to enable in-app purchasing from a wide range of retailer websites, including,, and With one-tap shopping, ShopSavvy users who scan an item in a store and see a better deal online can purchase it immediately without ever leaving ShopSavvy. All it takes is the one-time entry of payment information in ShopSavvy's convenient mobile wallet.

"One-tap shopping with ShopSavvy is much like one-click ordering through Amazon -- the difference being that our search results are neutral and enable consumers to compare prices from a wide range of retailers," said Muse. "Our research shows that Amazon only has the lowest price about 6 percent of the time, so the other 94 percent of the time, you'd be better off shopping with ShopSavvy."

Enhanced search. While ShopSavvy is famous for its built-in barcode scanner that enables shoppers to quickly identify and compare prices on products, an increasing number of consumers use ShopSavvy's keyword search feature to find the items they're looking for. With the ShopSavvy 5 release, ShopSavvy has dramatically improved its keyword search functionality to deliver easy scrolling of highly relevant results for all the items on your holiday shopping list.

Improved comparison shopping. ShopSavvy 5 extends ShopSavvy's leadership in mobile comparison shopping with even more data from the company's more than 40,000 retail partners. This includes expanded price-matching data, so shoppers can quickly determine whether a local retailer is willing to match the prices displayed in ShopSavvy results. ShopSavvy's product information database is also constantly being enriched by user-submitted data, including product photos, reviews and more.

More local deals. The ShopSavvy Deals tab is a Twitter-like stream of special offers, promotions and coupons from ShopSavvy's retail partners. Now with ShopSavvy 5, the Deals tab features more local deals than ever. Local deals are displayed based on the consumer's location, organized by retailer and product category, giving the user the ability to quickly browse available deals at nearby stores.

ShopSavvy announced earlier this month that it has secured $7 million in Series A funding in a round led by Eduardo Saverin, Facebook co-founder and private investor, who has joined the company's board of directors. The company's technology is licensed by hundreds of companies including Walmart, CNET, PriceGrabber, Consumer Reports and The New York Times to power their shopping apps.

About ShopSavvy

ShopSavvy is the leading mobile shopping assistant, with more than 20 million downloads and 10 million current unique users. ShopSavvy empowers smartphone users to quickly and seamlessly locate, research and buy products at the point of sale. When users scan a barcode or input a product name, they discover where the item is sold locally and online, where it's in stock and at what price. ShopSavvy aggregates product data, deals, ratings and reviews from retailers, partners and its own users to provide the most comprehensive source of information and advice for mobile shoppers anywhere. For more information, visit

Contact Information

  • Contact:
    Heather Edell
    H3O Communications
    (415) 618-8814
    Email Contact