SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwire - May 23, 2011) - SiTime Corporation, an analog semiconductor company, today introduced the SiT820X family of MEMS-based Programmable Oscillators for telecom, networking, storage and wireless applications. The SiT820X family consists of the SiT8208 and SiT8209 programmable oscillators that operate from 1 to 80MHz and 80 to 220MHz respectively. Both these devices deliver unprecedented jitter performance; 600 Femtoseconds of integrated RMS phase jitter measured from 12kHz to 20MHz. These devices achieve 10PPM stability over the industrial temperature range, which is two times better than quartz-based solutions. The SiT820X family comes with an array of programmable features that enable over 200 part numbers, every one of which can be a drop-in replacement for existing quartz, SAW or overtone oscillators. SiTime also offers the best lead times in the industry by shipping customized samples in one week and production quantities in 3-5 weeks.
"The SiT820X family showcases SiTime's revolutionary MEMS technology and unique, high performance analog expertise," said Piyush Sevalia, vice president of marketing at SiTime. "Every feature and specification in the SiT820X family is designed to be world class and deliver tangible benefits to the telecom, networking, storage and wireless markets. Coupled with the high performance, the SiT820X delivers exceptional flexibility and availability, eliminating the need for quartz-based timing completely."
The SiT8208 and SiT8209 have the following key features:
- 600 Femtoseconds of typical integrated RMS phase jitter, measured per the industry-standard, SONET-specified 12 kHz to 20 MHz range
- Any frequency with best-in-class 6 decimal places of accuracy
- Industry-leading frequency stability, as low as ± 10 PPM for enhanced system reliability against the effects of spurious noise
- Programmable drive strength for impedance matching and best EMI reduction
- High-drive options that can be used to drive multiple loads, eliminating additional buffers and reducing cost
- 100% drop in replacement for existing quartz, SAW and overtone oscillators, available in industry standard 3225, 5032 and 7050 packages
- Industrial (-40 to +85 °C) and commercial temperature (-20 to +70 °C) operation
- 1.8V and 2.5-3.3V operation
Samples of the SiT8208 and SiT8209 will be available in early June 2011 with production in Q3, 2011. Pricing is available upon request.
SiTime Corporation, an analog semiconductor company, offers MEMS-based silicon timing solutions that replace legacy quartz products. With 85% market share and over 45 million devices shipped, SiTime is driving the $5 Billion timing market's transition to 100% silicon-based timing.
SiTime's configurable solutions enable customers to differentiate their products with higher performance, reduced size and better reliability. The rich feature set and flexibility of our solutions allows customers to consolidate their supply-chain, reducing cost of ownership and time to market. By using standard semiconductor processes and high volume plastic packaging, SiTime offers the best availability and shortest lead times in the industry.
Top-tier manufacturers are experiencing these benefits and recognize SiTime as The Smart Timing Choice™.
News Release in 140 characters
#SiTime introduces highest performance #MEMS oscillators for telecom, networking, storage and wireless applications http://bit.ly/jMqqH9
#SiTime's SiT820X #MEMS oscillators offer 600 Femtoseconds Jitter, 10 PPM Stability, 220 MHz Frequency and 1.8V - 3.3V http://bit.ly/jMqqH9
#SiTime's SiT820X, with programmable features, can be a drop-in replacement for existing quartz, SAW and overtone oscillators http://bit.ly/jMqqH9