LAS VEGAS, NV--(Marketwire - Oct 17, 2012) - Slickdeals (http://slickdeals.net/), the pioneer in community-based online deal shopping, today launched the Black Friday 2012 Deal Forum for the latest and most accurate deal discussions during the upcoming holiday season. Slickdeals has been the destination for the best Black Friday deals for over 12 years. Last year, Slickdeals featured deals for a $140 Xbox 360, $280 iPad and a $700 73" 1080p 3D HDTV from the hottest Black Friday merchants.
Aside from traditional door busters from Black Friday ads, the Black Friday 2012 Deal Forum offers advice on the cheapest and most efficient ways to get the best deals for the season. Noting retailers who offer price matching to minimize time spent in checkout lines, coupon stacking and other tips are being discussed on the Black Friday 2012 Deal Forum.
Slickdeals also released their Top 5 Black Friday Tips for holiday shoppers. These include:
1. Planning ahead: Retailers have been starting their sales earlier and earlier each year. Users can start checking Slickdeals now for early deals and savings.
2. Skip the lines, shop online: More and more online retailers are price matching in-store competitors and offer free shipping. Even traditional brick and mortar stores like Walmart or Best Buy often have the same deals online, so why bother freezing in the cold?
3. Bringing your smartphone if you do intend to brave the cold, for on-the-spot price-matching and price history checking.
4. Holding off on accessories which are more expensive during Cyber Week.
5. Signing up for rewards credit cards early so that users can earn extra points, miles or cash for their holiday spending if they sign up ahead of time.
"Slickdeals has regularly been the top source for Black Friday Ad Scans, with our members helping us get the early scoop on deals before they become publicly available," says Bryant Quan, Slickdeals CEO. "The community works together to process the ads and find the best deals, either online or in-store, which helps our entire community make the best shopping decisions. The Black Friday 2012 Forum on Slickdeals will be the most reliable and definitive resource for deals this holiday season thanks to our passionate community and team of seasoned deal editors."
More information on the Top 5 Black Friday Tips as well as the Black Friday 2012 Forum (http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41) can be found on the Slickdeals website.
Founded in 1999, Slickdeals.net is a free, user-driven deal sharing site where consumers collaborate and share information in order to make the best shopping decisions. Slickdeals hosts 18 forums where users interact to share accurate and the most up-to-date information on online shopping deals. Slickdeals prides itself on being user and community focused, never allowing paid placement for front page deal listings.