SOURCE: Thomas J. Strub, D.D.S, P.C.
CEDAR FALLS, IA--(Marketwire - Dec 5, 2012) - Dr. Thomas J. Strub, an Iowa Dentist, says smile makeovers are becoming common procedures at his Cedar Falls practice. With techniques such as reshaping teeth, porcelain veneers, bleaching to whiten and brighten, and new crowns to alter tooth alignment, Dr. Strub can customize a smile makeover to meet any individual patient's goals. In addition to obtaining a more natural looking, aesthetically appealing smile, Dr. Strub's patients are noticing other health benefits as well.
With a smile makeover, Dr. Strub offers solutions that address a variety of common patient concerns:
- Discoloration of Teeth: Through bleaching and whitening procedures, color can be lightened and brightened.
- Discolored or Mismatched Fillings: The old fillings are simple to replace with new tooth-colored fillings made to blend with a patient's teeth.
- Chipped or Worn Teeth: Damaged teeth can be reshaped to make them look more natural and provide the patient with a younger experience.
- Crowded Teeth or Spaces Between Teeth: When teeth appear to be too small or too large, the shape of the tooth can be contoured or altered with porcelain bonded veneers and crowns.
- Missing Teeth: Gaps caused by missing teeth can be filled with implants or porcelain bridges to close those spaces and provide a natural looking smile.
Dr. Strub says many patients are reluctant to bring up the topic of smile rejuvenation because they feel self-conscious about the appearance of their teeth. Often times, Dr. Strub will pick up on his patients' body language and broach the topic of cosmetic appearance, asking the patient if they are happy with their smile. This dialogue allows patients to point out specific aspects of their smile they feel uncomfortable or concerned with and voice their goals in regard to their ideal smile.
However, the benefits of a smile makeover go beyond the cosmetic. Dr. Strub notes that patients who have a smile that looks better will want to maintain that smile. These patients have healthier gum tissue and bone, less plaque, and less tooth decay due to an increased motivation for personal dental care. In addition, patients who are motivated to keep their oral system in a healthier condition often exhibit health improvements that extend beyond the mouth. Dr. Strub, at his Iowa dentistry practice, has observed smile makeovers yielding healthy dietary changes that lead to weight loss, boosts in confidence and improved psychological and social well-being for his patients. He believes that improving one's appearance leads to improving one's overall health.
About Thomas J. Strub, DDS
Dr. Thomas Strub is a graduate of the University of Iowa and earned his DDS from the University of Iowa School of Dentistry. Dr. Strub has volunteered on 15 different dental mission trips to Honduras, Panama, the Himalayan Mountains in India, and a mission trip with Habitat for Humanity in Jamaica. He has also been involved in local mission work including the Iowa Mission of Mercy in Waterloo, Give Kids a Smile, and has participated in the Donated Dental Services Program. Dr. Strub offers a wide variety of general, cosmetic and restorative dental procedures, ranging from routine checkups to porcelain veneers and dental implants.
To contact Dr. Strub's practice, visit his website at strubdds.com or call 319-266-3545. The practice's office is located at 715 Bluegrass Circle, Cedar Falls, IA 50613. The practice's Facebook page can be found at facebook.com/StrubDDS.