SAN MATEO, CA--(Marketwired - Nov 16, 2016) - SnapLogic, the industry's leading unified data and application integration platform as a service (iPaaS), today introduced the Fall 2016 release of its SnapLogic Elastic Integration Platform. The latest release adds several new pre-built intelligent connectors, called Snaps, to help companies integrate and accelerate their cloud and big data initiatives. The Fall 2016 release also enhances the core platform with new security, governance and performance functionality.
"We continue to make it easier and faster for organizations to connect any and all data sources -- whether on premises, in the cloud or in hybrid environments," said Vaikom Krishnan, vice president of engineering at SnapLogic. "The Fall 2016 release expands our big data integration and cloud analytics capabilities with a host of new Snaps to help companies ingest, prepare and deliver data to and from any source so they can unlock business value and accelerate transformation initiatives."
Big Data Integration Updates
Continuing SnapLogic's momentum to democratize big data, the Fall 2016 release brings several additions to the core integration platform and Snap library:
- Microsoft Azure Data Lake Store support: Building on SnapLogic's support for Microsoft HDInsight introduced earlier this year, this latest release supports integration with Microsoft Azure Data Lake Store. The new Snaps provide fast, self-service data ingestion and transformation from virtually any source to Microsoft's highly scalable, cloud-based data repository for big data analytics workloads. For more on SnapLogic's support of Azure Data Lake Store, read the recent announcement.
- Enhanced Spark support: This release extends Spark mode support to Amazon S3 and Microsoft Azure Blob storage. In addition, several error diagnosis features such as pipeline validation and log fetching capabilities have been made Spark-compatible.
- Hadooplex updates: Triggered tasks are now supported in the Hadooplex, SnapLogic's extensible data processing engine for Hadoop clusters. Triggered task support enables pipelines to be invoked through external applications such as workflow management tools.
New and Enhanced Intelligent Connectors
The Fall 2016 release adds new Snaps to power analytics and data warehousing initiatives, whether on premises or in the cloud, including:
- Enhanced Teradata support: This release provides extended support for Teradata by adding several new Snaps to the Teradata Snap Pack. The new Teradata TPT Fast Export Snap provides faster and easier integration with Teradata using the Teradata Parallel Transporter Utility. Load and execute functions are also supported in this release via Teradata Fast Load Snap and Teradata Execute Snap, respectively.
- New Snowflake Snap Pack: New Snaps for the Snowflake cloud data warehouse make it fast and simple to connect Snowflake with virtually any data source for seamless analytics in the cloud. The Snowflake Snap Pack provides comprehensive support for Snowflake (including Select, Insert, Update and Delete), as well as bulk load and unload operations. For more on SnapLogic's partnership with Snowflake, read the separate announcement also issued today.
Security and Performance Updates
SnapLogic is committed to providing robust enterprise-grade security features and performance to our customers. The Fall 2016 release adds support for AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) to specific Redshift Snaps; LDAP authentication for MongoDB; and Kerberos support for the Hive Snap Pack. This release also introduces a new Snap to bulk load data into MySQL and increases Box read performance by 3x using multi-threading.
Governance and Automation Enhancements
The Fall 2016 release brings several usability enhancements for citizen integrators and administrators, including:
- Pipeline compare feature: Any two pipelines can now be compared with a click of button. This enables customers to compare pipelines with different versions or two entirely different pipelines.
- Key management for enhanced account encryption: This release provides the ability to easily rotate encryption keys associated with an organization.
- Pipeline queue alerting: If scheduled pipelines are in a queued state pending execution for any extended period, alerts are generated notifying administrators for remediation.
- Selective project export: Customers can now selectively export the assets from their project (such as pipelines, files, accounts or tasks).
All customers have been updated to the SnapLogic Elastic Integration Platform Fall 2016 Release. For more information, visit www.snaplogic.com/fall2016
SnapLogic is the industry's first unified data and application integration platform as a service (iPaaS). The SnapLogic Elastic Integration Platform enables enterprises to connect to any source, at any speed, anywhere -- whether on premises, in the cloud or in hybrid environments. The easy-to-use platform empowers self-service integrators, eliminates information silos, and provides a smooth on-ramp to big data. Founded by data industry veteran Gaurav Dhillon and backed by investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Ignition Partners, Microsoft Corp., and Silver Lake Waterman, SnapLogic is helping companies across the Global 2000 to connect faster. Learn more at www.snaplogic.com.
Connect with SnapLogic