AUSTIN, TX--(Marketwire - Feb 27, 2013) - SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, announced today the upcoming release of SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor (SAM), the cornerstone of SolarWinds' suite of comprehensive and affordable systems and application management products.
Designed to deliver agentless performance and availability monitoring, alerting and reporting for over 150 applications and server types, the latest version of SolarWinds SAM will now enable IT pros to resolve server and application issues directly from the product's web console. Remediation capabilities include starting and stopping services, killing rogue processes, and rebooting services, among others.
Other new and updated features in SolarWinds SAM include:
- New server hardware health monitoring support for popular blade chassis including HP C7000, HP C3000 and Dell M1000e
- New native Windows Volume Mount Point monitoring
- New storage volume performance metrics to find server issues caused by latency, queued disk I/O and high IOPS
- New Windows Server network performance monitoring for bandwidth usage and errors
- Extended integration with System Center 2012 through updated SolarWinds Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager
- Improved Managed Service Provider (MSP) support to include new remote pollers, providing increased deployment flexibility to support distributed environments and MSP-style architectures
"SolarWinds SAM's remote pollers help our agility and the additional multi-vendor hardware support means we can rely on SAM as our single monitoring solution," said Sean Ackerman, infrastructure engineer for AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Insurance Exchange. "It [SolarWinds SAM] paid for itself in less than three months and it only gets better when integrated with SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor. Compared to the 'Big 3,' the value ratio is insanely high."
SolarWinds Comprehensive Systems and Application Management
SolarWinds SAM is one of nine key products in the SolarWinds systems and application management product portfolio. Together, these products address the troubleshooting, patch management and performance monitoring needs for IT pros in organizations of all sizes.
In 2012, SolarWinds expanded and strengthened its systems and application management portfolio. The company added SolarWinds Web Help Desk and SolarWinds Serv-U Managed File Transfer Server, and also released new versions of SolarWinds Web Performance Monitor (WPM), SolarWinds Virtualization Manager, SolarWinds Patch Manager, SolarWinds Log & Event Manager (LEM), SolarWinds Storage Manager and DameWare Remote Support. These products, along with SolarWinds SAM, contributed to a 94 percent revenue growth for the company in the systems and applications management space.
"As new IT challenges, budget and staffing limitations place an increasingly high demand on IT professionals to meet business objectives while doing more with less, we will continue to be an advocate for those professionals by paying close attention to their evolving needs. We've enhanced our powerful yet easy-to-use systems and applications solutions, offering an affordable alternative to costly competitors or as a complementary solution for existing structures," said Denny LeCompte, SVP of product strategy, SolarWinds. "From the SMB to the large enterprise, SolarWinds will remain a leader in delivering software that solves real-world problems for everyone."
The SolarWinds systems and application management portfolio has been recognized as a leader in the IT management industry with several recent industry awards, including:
- Redmond Magazine's 2013 Reader's Choice Awards "Gold" for Systems Performance Management and Application Performance Management for SolarWinds SAM; "Bronze" for Virtual Management and Optimization for SolarWinds VM Monitor
- Windows Networking 2013 Readers' Choice Awards "Winner" for Remote Control for DameWare Remote Support
- Microsoft TechEd North America 2012 "Best of TechEd" in the Systems Management and Operations category for SolarWinds SAM
- Windows IT Pro 2012 Editors' Best and Community Choice Awards "Silver" for Best Systems Monitoring Product for SolarWinds SAM; Editors' Best "Silver" for Best Security Product for SolarWinds LEM; Community Choice Awards "Silver" for Best Patch Management Product for SolarWinds Patch Manager; and "Other Hot Product" for Best Active Directory/Group Policy Product for DameWare Remote Support
- Windows Networking 2012 Readers' Choice Awards "First Runner-Up" for Help Desk for SolarWinds Web Help Desk
- TechWorld UK Awards named SolarWinds Storage Manager to its Short List for the "Storage Product of the Year"
SolarWinds continues to share its systems and application management industry knowledge through its IT pro community, thwack, which now has over 150,000 users, as well as participation in industry events. SolarWinds Head Geek Lawrence Garvin will join Kent Agerlund, senior consultant, Coretech A/S, at the upcoming Microsoft Management Summit (MMS) 2013 in April for a session entitled, "Managing Third Party Updates with System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1."
Pricing and Availability
SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor starts at $2,995 and includes a year of maintenance. For more information, including a downloadable, free 30-day evaluation trial, visit the SolarWinds website or call 866.530.8100.
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. In all of our market areas, our approach is consistent. We focus exclusively on IT Pros and strive to eliminate the complexity that they have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. SolarWinds delivers on this commitment with unexpected simplicity through products that are easy to find, buy, use and maintain while providing the power to address any IT management problem on any scale. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in our online community, thwack, to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com/.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds.com and thwack are registered trademarks of SolarWinds. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.