CORK, IRELAND--(Marketwired - August 31, 2016) - SolarWinds, a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, today announced its upcoming participation in NIAS Cyber Security Symposium 2016 and Public IT Security 2016 running September 7-8, 2016 at the Lotto Mons Expo in Belgium and September 13-14, 2016 at Hotel Adlon in Berlin, respectively. At the events, SolarWinds will provide in-booth product demonstrations, discuss how its solutions can help eliminate complexity in national government, NATO, and military infrastructure and will present on best practices for monitoring and managing cybersecurity threats, both internal and external.
"We're looking forward to presenting at NIAS 2016 on 'How to Fight Cybersecurity Threats on Multiple Fronts' -- a concern we know many IT pros face today," said David Kimball, group vice president, federal and national government, SolarWinds. "Government IT has long been focused on external cybersecurity threats and continues to apply the bulk of their resources -- both bandwidth and budget -- to defending against attacks from the outside. However, agency insiders can be equally damaging as external attackers, with human error one of the most common IT security threats, followed by abuse of privileges, and theft. SolarWinds sees NIAS as an opportunity to offer insight to help government agencies safeguard against both external and insider threats, and quickly identify and fix vulnerabilities."
Visit SolarWinds at NIAS 2016 Cyber Security Symposium, September 7-8
In addition to in-booth product demonstrations at Stand B35, Mav Turner, SolarWinds senior director of product strategy, will present "How to Fight Cybersecurity Threats on Multiple Fronts" on Wednesday, September 7 from 2:40-3:40 p.m. CEST in Workshop Theatre 1. During the presentation, Turner will address best practices for monitoring and managing cybersecurity threats, both internal and external.
Attendees will learn about:
- The top cybersecurity threats plaguing governments today according to the 2016 SolarWinds Federal Cybersecurity Survey and obstacles to threat prevention
- How the right tools and technologies can provide IT infrastructure visibility and vulnerability management to safeguard against malicious and non-malicious internal threats
- How the implementation of IT security management tools better equip agencies to quickly detect and respond to security threats and reduce vulnerability
- What policies and procedures can be implemented to protect and educate government employees to help prevent security breaches
Visit SolarWinds at Public IT Security 2016, September 13-14
SolarWinds engineers and product experts will be available to offer demonstrations of how its network, systems and applications, security, help desk, and database management solutions provide mission-critical support for government agencies and organizations. Attendees will have the opportunity to explore all SolarWinds® products, including:
SolarWinds Solutions for National Government
- SolarWinds software is available through numerous channel partners and systems integrators worldwide, including the United Nations Global Marketplace (UNGM), Crown Commercial Service (CCS), United Nations Atlas, U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule, Department of Defense ESI, and other contract vehicles
- Government certifications and approvals include: Army CoN, Air Force APL, Navy DADMS; and technical requirements include Common Criteria EAL 2 Certification, FIPS compatibility, DISA compliance, Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) compliance, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) compliance, Section 508 VPATs, in addition to the Good Practice Guide 13 (U.K.)
- SolarWinds offers hundreds of built-in automated compliance reports, which meet the requirements of major auditing authorities, including DISA, NIST, and more
- SolarWinds' THWACK® online user community provides a number of out-of-the-box compliance templates for the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other standards
For more product and pricing information visit the SolarWinds Government Solutions page. For more information on becoming a SolarWinds National Government Partner contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SolarWinds provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide from Fortune 500® enterprises to small businesses, government agencies and educational institutions. We are committed to focusing exclusively on IT Pros, and strive to eliminate the complexity that they have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. Regardless of where the IT asset or user sits, SolarWinds delivers products that are easy to find, buy, use, maintain, and scale while providing the power to address all key areas of the infrastructure from on premises to the Cloud. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in our THWACK online community to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com/.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design and THWACK are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be or are intellectual property of their respective companies.
© 2016 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.