ROHNERT PARK, CA--(Marketwired - May 9, 2014) - Soligent, a recognized leader in providing equipment and services to solar dealers and installers, Enphase Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: ENPH) and CertainTeed are proud to announce that they will collaborate with solar installers across the country to install over 400 MW of solar as part of an executive action announced by President Obama today to expand the solar economy.
The cumulative commitments from Soligent, Enphase Energy, CertainTeed and participating dealers will help bring the power of solar to over 60,000 homes and 10,000 businesses over the next three years. Approximately 130 MW of the total will be installed this year.
An instrumental part of the effort is Soligent's new White Label Solar Program that enables HVAC installers, roofers, electricians, contractors and other trades to begin to participate in the solar economy or expand their already growing solar divisions. Under the White Label program, Soligent delivers training, access to financing, access to equipment and value-added services like permitting so participants in turn can economically provide renewable products and services to their own customer base.
Soligent will work with CertainTeed, a building materials company that has served contractors for a century, and Enphase Energy, the world's leading solar microinverter systems company, to solarize 16,000 homes (81 MW) over the next three years by providing roofers across the country with turnkey solar solutions.
"Solar is one of the fastest growing segments in the construction industry and one of the fastest growing in the country," said Jonathan Doochin, CEO of Soligent. "Many roofers and contractors have already discovered this opportunity, but we also want to help bring those construction and service businesses who touch home and business owners, the ability to successfully offer consumers solar savings in their geographies."
Under the executive action, President Obama announced that more than 300 private and public sector commitments to create jobs and reduce carbon pollution through solar and efficiency. The commitments cumulatively represent more than 850 MW of solar -- enough to power 850,000 homes -- and lower bills for over 1 billion square feet of buildings.
Some of the existing and new solar dealers who Soligent partners with that will participate in the initiative include:
- Scudder Roofing and Scudder Solar Energy Systems. Scudder and Soligent have committed to work together install over 9 MW solar at over 500 homes and commercial locations.
- Beutler Corp. Founded in 1947, Beutler is one of the largest independent HVAC installers in the U.S. Beutler is committed to installing 5.4 MW of residential and 3 MW of small commercial solar over the next three years with Soligent.
- State Roofing Systems. A roofing company with a thriving solar business, State has committed to install over 3 MW with Soligent over the next three years.
- Gridsmart Solar. A roofer turned solar installer, Gridsmart will install 1.5 MW of solar in Pennsylvania over the next three years through the initiative.
- Icon Solar. Icon will install 1 MW in Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana.
- RevoluSun. Founded in 2009 in Hawaii, RevoluSun has committed to 150 MW of solar over the next three years in Hawaii, New York and Massachusetts. The company has created meaningful work for over 250 people over the past five years.
Other participants include Smucker's Energy (Connecticut-Pennsylvania region), Peak Power (California), Solar Liberty (New York), GreenPointe Energy (Maryland-New Jersey), Islandwide (Hawaii), and Advanced Roofing/Advanced Green Technologies (Florida).
Soligent is at the forefront of developing services and technologies for making solar dealers more competitive. Earlier this year, Soligent introduced Solar Engine, an integrated set of services that enable dealers to increase their profitability by an estimated 10% on average while substantially reducing the time-to-completion for residential and commercial solar projects.
Soligent's mission is to serve as the backbone of the solar industry, enabling all our partners, customers and clients to focus on what they do best. We envision a world where solar isn't just the cleanest choice for power: it's the obvious choice. A pioneer and industry leader for over 33 years, Soligent serves over 5,000 solar installers and has played a part in a lot of success stories. For more information, please contact us at 1-800-967-6917 or www.soligent.net.
About Enphase Energy, Inc.
Enphase Energy delivers microinverter technology for the solar industry that increases energy production, simplifies design and installation, improves system uptime and reliability, reduces fire safety risk and provides a platform for intelligent energy management. Our semiconductor-based microinverter system converts energy at the individual solar module level and brings a systems-based, high technology approach to solar energy generation. Connect with Enphase on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. www.enphase.com