SOURCE: Indian Country Online
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK--(Marketwired - May 12, 2014) - Indian Country Online: The 2014 Congress, a follow-up to the highly successful inaugural event in 2013, will be held at the Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel & Spa on June 2 - 3, 2014, and will focus on business opportunities that technology and iGaming will create for the tribes and entrepreneurs. It will also explore the current global and US business markets and look at the ancillary businesses created to support the industry.
Glenn Feldman, a pioneer in Indian gaming law, will deliver the Keynote Luncheon Address. Feldman, a member of the Dickinson Wright PLLC law firm, devotes his practice exclusively to federal Indian law, with heavy emphasis on Indian gaming and reservation economic development activities. Feldman has extensive experience in drafting tribal codes and ordinances and has been involved in the negotiation of tribal-state gaming compacts in California, Arizona, Wisconsin, Kansas and Oklahoma.
As of May 8, 2014, confirmed speakers for Indian Country Online include:
- Gideon Bierer, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Partis Solutions
- Melissa Blau, Director, iGaming Capital
- Joseph Colebut, Chairman, Foxwoods Development Company
- William Crader, Managing Director, Tribal Financial Advisors
- Frank Fantini, CEO, Fantini Research
- Jon Friedberg, CEO, Overlay Gaming
- Margo Gray, President, Margo Gray and Associates
- Rochanne Hackett, Managing Director, National Gaming Development, Wells Fargo Bank N.A.
- Kent Hansen, Vice President and CFO, Williams Interactive
- Bob Hays, Vice President, North America, Williams Interactive
- Rob Heller, President and CEO, Spectrum Gaming Capital
- Jamie Hummingbird, Director, Cherokee Nation Gaming Commission
- Gene Johnson, Senior Vice President of Market Research and Online Studies, Spectrum Gaming Group
- Janice McNair, Managing Director, Random Consulting
- Rob Miller, President, Miller Companies
- Sheila Morago, Executive Director, Oklahoma Indian Gaming Association
- Michael Pollock, Managing Director, Spectrum Gaming Group
- Giuseppe Portoricco, Vice President, Player Account Platform and Channel Management, GTECH
- Kip Ritchie, COO, Potawatomi Business Development Corporation
- Aftab Rizvi, Managing Director, Gaming Associates
- Victor Rocha, Founder, Pechanga.net
- Don Ryan, Senior Vice President of Gaming, Betfair US
- Scott Scepaniak, Vice President, Compliance, Mystic Lake Casino
- Art Shectman, President, Elephant Ventures
- Dana Takrudtong, Vice President of Sales, Game Account Network
- Marcus Yoder, President, Accelerus Consulting
These industry experts will discuss topics such as:
- iGaming platforms: What foundation will host your iGaming applications? Which technology, partners, and products will you use? How will you deploy them? How will your platform decisions affect marketing and operations?
- Marketing: Indian Country's success online will mean mastering the arts of Internet marketing and online player acquisition and retention. iGaming success will also mean effectively incorporating affiliates into your online marketing strategy.
- Operations: How do you provide high quality, speed, and reliability for all iGaming site components while also ensuring that each of these functions work seamlessly together? Hear how it is being done from the people who are actually doing it today.
- Finance: Where will that money come from and how do tribes go about securing it? This discussion provides an overview of potential financing options and how to tailor them to specific tribal gaming situations. It will also address new possibilities in crowdsourcing and micro-finance.
- Mobile Gaming: How can conventional gaming and iGaming adjust to these trends and remain relevant to customers of the future? How does eCommerce factor in beyond gaming?
- Politics: A Great Debate rages between proponents and prohibitionists of iGaming. Potential federal legislation such as the Graham bill could ban iGaming completely. Tribes are now moving out from behind IGRA to compete directly with commercial casinos.
Advance registration rates are still available, so register now for savings. The conference hotel block at the Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel & Spa is filling up quickly -- call 800-859-6877 to reserve your room today. For the complete agenda, sponsorship opportunities, hotel reservations, and to register, visit www.indiancountryonline.net. Please email email@example.com to be added to the mailing list for updates.
Indian Country Online: The 2014 Congress is jointly organized and produced by Pechanga.net, the leading news aggregator for the gaming industry and Indian Country since 1998, and Spectrum Gaming Group, the world's leading gaming research and professional services firm.