Spectra Energy Income Fund

Spectra Energy Income Fund

April 23, 2007 17:23 ET

Spectra Energy Income Fund to Hold Annual Meeting and First Quarter 2007 Conference Call

CALGARY, ALBERTA--(CCNMatthews - April 23, 2007) - Spectra Energy Income Fund (the "Fund") (TSX:SP.UN) will hold its Annual Meeting on Friday, May 4, 2007 at 11 a.m. MT (1 p.m. ET) at the Calgary Petroleum Club, 319 - 5th Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta.

Following the formal portion of the annual meeting, Doug Haughey, president and chief executive officer of the Fund's manager, will review the Fund's operations and growth strategies. The presentation will be available via webcast at www.spectraenergyfund.com and archived on the site.

A conference call and live audio webcast to discuss results from the first quarter of 2007 will be held at 7 a.m. MT, (9 a.m. ET) on Monday, May 7, 2007. A news release announcing the Fund's results will be issued prior to the call.

The call will be hosted by Doug Haughey. Joining Mr. Haughey, and also with the Fund's manager, will be Tim Curry, vice president, finance and accounting; and Duane Rae, vice president and executive with overall responsibility for the Fund's assets. Following management's presentation, there will be a question and answer session for analysts and institutional investors.

To participate in the conference call, please dial 416-644-3421 or 1-800-731-5319. A webcast of the call will be available at www.spectraenergyfund.com. A replay of the conference call will be available as of 12 p.m. ET the same day until 12 a.m. ET, May 14, 2007. To access the replay, dial 416-640-1917 or 1-877-289-8525 followed by the passcode 21227450#.

Spectra Energy Income Fund is an unincorporated open-ended trust established under the laws of the Province of Alberta and owns a 53.8 percent indirect interest in Spectra Energy Facilities LP ("SEF LP") which owns 100 per cent of Spectra Energy Midstream Corporation ("Spectra Midstream"). Spectra Energy Corp indirectly owns the remaining 46.2 percent interest of SEF LP and is the sponsor of the Fund. Spectra Midstream is one of the largest independent midstream operations in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin ("WCSB") with interests in thirteen natural gas processing plants with a net processing capacity of 908 mmcf/d and over 1,600 kilometres of natural gas gathering pipelines located throughout natural gas prone areas in the western extent of the WCSB. More information on Spectra Energy Income Fund can be found at: http://www.spectraenergyfund.com.

Spectra Energy Corp (NYSE:SE) is one of North America's premier pure play natural gas midstream companies serving three key links in the natural gas value chain: gathering and processing, transmission and storage and distribution. For close to a century, Spectra Energy and its predecessor companies have developed critically important pipelines and related energy infrastructure connecting natural gas supply sources to premium markets. Based in Houston, Texas, the company operates in the United States and Canada approximately 17,500 miles of transmission pipeline, 265 billion cubic feet of storage, natural gas gathering and processing, natural gas liquids operations and local distribution assets. Spectra Energy Corp also has a 50 percent ownership in DCP Midstream, one of the largest natural gas gatherers and processors in the United States. Visit www.spectraenergy.com for more information.

Contact Information