SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA and DENVER, CO--(Marketwire - Jul 26, 2011) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- SquareTwo Financial, a leader in the $100 billion asset recovery and management industry, has deployed Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Exadata Database Machine to run its custom built, mission-critical debt management software, 'eAGLE.'
- eAGLE is a sophisticated, proprietary system that helps make SquareTwo Financial a leader at analyzing, distributing and managing the data required to successfully purchase and liquidate debt.
- eAGLE went into production on the Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Exadata engineered systems just 44 days after the end of the proof of concept..
- Based on the initial proof of concept testing of Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Exadata Database Machine, the engineered systems are faster, more stable and extremely scalable, with a 9x improvement in response time and a 5x increase in concurrent users compared to the previous production environment.
- eAGLE currently supports over 1,000 concurrent users processing over 400,000 transactions per day. eAGLE also uses Oracle Application Development Framework and Oracle SOA Suite and has 600 BPEL processes in production.
- SquareTwo Financial chose Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Exadata engineered systems to reduce the complexity of its IT infrastructure, improve system availability and performance, increase productivity of its collection platform and rapidly bring to market new capabilities and revenue impacting services.
- As pre-configured, pre-tested and tightly integrated engineered systems, Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Exadata Database Machine will help improve system reliability and response times and provide a better end-user experience for SquareTwo Financial customers.
- Deploying Oracle engineered systems instead of custom-configured hardware and software products helps enable faster time-to-market, reduces risk and accelerates revenue potential for SquareTwo Financial.
- Standardizing on Oracle technologies will also help SquareTwo Financial reduce maintenance and change costs with centralized monitoring and management and a single patch bundle.
- SquareTwo Financial expects to gain additional revenue from both performance increases and new application deployment. In addition, the company is predicting operational cost savings.
- Designed for large-scale, mission-critical deployments, Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud is a highly integrated hardware and software system combining cutting-edge processors and memory, an InfiniBand I/O backplane and integrated ZFS storage, with the market-leading Oracle WebLogic Server and other enterprise Java Oracle middleware products and is optimized for Oracle Applications. It runs a choice of Oracle Solaris or Oracle Linux operating system software.
- An ideal machine for OLTP, data warehousing and consolidated workloads, Oracle Exadata Database Machine is a complete package of servers, storage, networking and software that is highly scalable, secure and redundant.
- "We are creating a new debt recovery infrastructure with Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Exadata Database Machine that will help us gain greater business agility, enhance forecasting, reduce the down time of our debt collection process, improve recovery rates and reduce costs," said Bill Weeks, chief information officer at SquareTwo Financial. "The Oracle solution will also simplify our IT environment and improve overall performance and availability of our systems. In addition, we expect to reduce our operating costs by 60% and bring new products to market more quickly."
- "SquareTwo Financial is the perfect example of a financial services company that has mastered the use of technology to deliver better business solutions, gain a competitive edge, and improve operational efficiencies," said Thomas Kurian, executive vice president, Product Development at Oracle. "We're pleased that the SquareTwo Financial team has selected an Oracle solution to further increase the performance of the company's sophisticated technology infrastructure."
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
About SquareTwo Financial
SquareTwo Financial is a leader in the $100 billion asset recovery and management industry. Through its award-winning technology and unique Partners Network, SquareTwo Financial creates a more effective way for companies and consumers to resolve their debt commitments. Fortune 500 companies in the health care, automotive, banking and credit card industries trust SquareTwo Financial to manage their debt portfolios. The company's national network of legal partners is dedicated to treating consumers fairly and ethically. SquareTwo Financial is based in Denver, Colo. Visit www.squaretwofinancial.com for more information.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.